Wigglers At Last!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. They are one step ahead of you!:)

Apparently so LOL! Unfortunately I took off the prefilter for my intake thinking the eggs were gone so not sure if the fry will make it this time without getting sucked up! Well only time will tell!

So apparently they did not eat the eggs... they moved them.... They are wigglers now! Well we'll see what happens now

That's the mistake I made. My pair likes to move theirs. I hope to move them tonite if they haven't already. I'll see when I get home.

cover the intake with something girl or the babys will go for a death ride up it. congrats . see i told u never give up. good job

cover the intake with something girl or the babys will go for a death ride up it. congrats . see i told u never give up. good job

Well I started up my 20 gallon and tried to move them with the slate figuring I'll either lose them in the move or the parents will eventually eat them so if they don't make it, at least I tried something. Anyway most of the wigglers came off the slate as expected and are floating about the tank, so I don't know how good their chances are! A small group are still left in with the parents on the filter. I'm definitely thinking moving the slate before the eggs hatch is easiest... My boyfriend wanted to wait until they are free swimming and catch them but that sounded like too much of a pain haha. Next time I will just need to act faster!

Well I started up my 20 gallon and tried to move them with the slate figuring I'll either lose them in the move or the parents will eventually eat them so if they don't make it, at least I tried something. Anyway most of the wigglers came off the slate as expected and are floating about the tank, so I don't know how good their chances are! A small group are still left in with the parents on the filter. I'm definitely thinking moving the slate before the eggs hatch is easiest... My boyfriend wanted to wait until they are free swimming and catch them but that sounded like too much of a pain haha. Next time I will just need to act faster!

For what it's worth, you should tell your boyfriend that eggs travel better than babies ;). It's always easier on the fry to move them the least amount possible once they hatch. So moving slates with eggs IS the correct way of preserving more fry. The score is YOU: 1, Boyfriend: 0 lol Move the slate the day you see the eggs next time.
Keep us posted (y)

For what it's worth, you should tell your boyfriend that eggs travel better than babies ;). It's always easier on the fry to move them the least amount possible once they hatch. So moving slates with eggs IS the correct way of preserving more fry. The score is YOU: 1, Boyfriend: 0 lol Move the slate the day you see the eggs next time.
Keep us posted (y)

Thank you!!!! LOL

Well I want to bid farewell and thank everyone on this forum and especially on this thread for all of the help they have given me... In particular Andy, Bob McCoy, and RiverCats u have all offered me great advice along with many others. I'm getting off the forum. This post will probably be removed before anyone sees it but if you do get to it, thank you everyone....I have learned a lot and will put my knowledge to good use. :)

Thanks all!! I am moving soon and will be having to rehome most or all of my fishy friends :(

i agree. most of the angelfish i see any more are so small and do not have the long fins like the old days. im so happy i can be a start in the re-introduction of good big healthy angels. i don't even try to sell mine until at least quarter body size. my lfs that is here in this small town used to be in California and hes very impressed with my stock.

The train continues on for me. I'm having not problems hatching and raising the fry. My problem now is trying to find homes for them. We have a few local stores but so far only one has had any interest and purchased 50 from me. From what I've heard he knows his fish and was happy with mine. We have an auction coming up and while I'm not expecting great prices I'm hoping for more interest. I guess I'll keep posting on kijiji and calling lfs.

I'm on batch number 6 and have a lot of wigglers it seems. This pair is pretty regular with spawns and seem to be getting the hang of things. I got another tank, a 20 long, that will be their love nest

The train continues on for me. I'm having not problems hatching and raising the fry. My problem now is trying to find homes for them. We have a few local stores but so far only one has had any interest and purchased 50 from me. From what I've heard he knows his fish and was happy with mine. We have an auction coming up and while I'm not expecting great prices I'm hoping for more interest. I guess I'll keep posting on kijiji and calling lfs.

If you don't have much luck with the LFS, try looking up wholesalers. They may pay less per fish but take larger quantities at one time. You need to get rid of the fish, not be as concerned about price. If your fish keep going according to plan, you will be inundated with fish. That's both a good thing and a bad thing. Good because you will have a lot to sell. Bad because you need a lot more tanks to hold the fish in. Overstocking tanks is a sure way to kill off your fish ;)

Just thought I'd brighten your day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom