Worms?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em_witt

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ll along the top of my 37 gal tank r a bunch of worm-like creatures. R they dangerous? And more importantly WHAT R THEY?!?!

Try google image search for

Planaria
Detritus worms
Hydra

See if any of them match your creature.

Jon

jondamon said:
Try google image search for

Planaria
Detritus worms
Hydra

See if any of them match your creature.

Jon

Deff. Not planaria or hydra.... The detritus worms may be it but the ones I have really squirm a lot???

Other than the usual ones I mentioned springtails are quite another common thing to get in your tank. Springtails tend to stay around the waterline.

Jon

jondamon said:
Other than the usual ones I mentioned springtails are quite another common thing to get in your tank. Springtails tend to stay around the waterline.

Jon

I can't find anything online about sprangtails? This sounds like what I have...... But I can't b for sure

Nematodes. They come about due to uneaten food (and other reasons I can't remember). Mint was due to all the ammonia in the aquarium I guess.

The fishies ate them up though :).

jlbfish said:
Nematodes. They come about due to uneaten food (and other reasons I can't remember). Mint was due to all the ammonia in the aquarium I guess.

The fishies ate them up though :).

R ur fish ok now?

Yup they are fine. I did lots of water changes and cut back on the ammonia (which I assumed was the food source)

Have you tested your water? I would check water parameters, cut back on feeding, water change etc but from what I know these nematodes are harmless.

jlbfish said:
Yup they are fine. I did lots of water changes and cut back on the ammonia (which I assumed was the food source)

Have you tested your water? I would check water parameters, cut back on feeding, water change etc but from what I know these nematodes are harmless.

Well it's good to kno their harmless and it's also good to kno that I dont have to bust my wallet on medication!!!!

Back
Top Bottom