Ziggy's 40b Planted Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Progress has been made.

CO2 is pumping into the tank. Ferts are setup as well. Filtration is doing it's job.

I've added some plants and wood to the tank. I want to add at least one more piece of wood. Probably wont be able to get to that until next weekend.

Pics are on the way....

So pics of what the tank looks like. Water is a little cloudy, I just did a PWC but you will get the idea...

9ld7wKF.jpg

q3y97UO.jpg

qFOPQi7.jpg

lLC09fF.jpg

BvDCNqq.jpg

Love to hear your thoughts. On the left side of the tank I intend to add another piece of wood to balance the tank out. We shall see.

I like the variety of colors you have with the rocks, makes it very natural looking!

Some monte carlo creeping down/through the top of the rocks on the left would be killer!

sit in silence...

I really like your tank!
I'm all new compared to 2006!
I see a reflection in the last picture!!
I guess I will check you out a little more.

I really like your tank!
I'm all new compared to 2006!
I see a reflection in the last picture!!
I guess I will check you out a little more.

I had to look at the last pic to see what you were talking about. I assume you are referring to the other tank? That is my 54g corner tank, also planted. It's been up and running for over 5 years now. I am a salty at heart but have recently switched over to all FW.

Thanks for checking my thread out!

^^I checked your profile^^
I see you had marine tanks in the beginning of your membership here.(y)
After my self almost..
I still have marine with little interest and pretty good success!

I really after all this time dig fresh water more?:nono:

Add the next piece of wood IMO...

^^I checked your profile^^
I see you had marine tanks in the beginning of your membership here.(y)
After my self almost..
I still have marine with little interest and pretty good success!

I really after all this time dig fresh water more?:nono:

Add the next piece of wood IMO...

The wood will be going in next weekend. I have to get to the LFS again to pick up another piece. I agree though it needs one more to balance things out.

wow ziggy no matter what it is you touch it always turns out great ,
I got a bunch of nice rock if you want it , just shoot me a pm

12 White (6500K) 3W LEDs shipped out today finally. I'll be replacing 12 blues with them.

Staurogyne Repens ships out today. 15 more plants to fill in the foreground.

I'm debating on putting Anubias Nana on the driftwood, and or moss of some kind. Any thoughts?

I'll be filling in blank areas with more plants just not in a big hurry to do so. Eventually I'll put fish and shrimp in this tank. Or maybe it will just be an underwater garden :-/

So here are a few plants I plan to add to the tank

Alternanthera Rosanervig
Hemianthus cuba
Staurogyne Repens - (more for the foreground in front of the dwarf HG)
Hydrocotyle tripartita (cascading over the rock - maybe)
Hygrophila araguaia (maybe)

I'm still up in the air on several of these but I have a general idea of what I want the tank to look like after it is grown in. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Well I just placed an order for plants:

Monte Carlo (2 pots) - to plant in the space between rocks - cascade effect

Alternanthera reineckii 10+ stems - to plant in the upper area left side around to rock

Ammannia Gracilis (6+ stems) - lower bottom left in the background in front of the wood all the way in the back

I think the vision is coming together.

Well I just placed an order for plants:

Monte Carlo (2 pots) - to plant in the space between rocks - cascade effect

Alternanthera reineckii 10+ stems - to plant in the upper area left side around to rock

Ammannia Gracilis (6+ stems) - lower bottom left in the background in front of the wood all the way in the back

I think the vision is coming together.

Good pick up Ziggy! I'm working on a monte carlo/dhg "belem" carpet in the 40b..

sit in silence...

Well all the plants I've ordered are in transit and should arrive tomorrow. I'm excited! The plants coming in should pretty much complete my planting in this tank. I might add something else in the right back corner but will wait to see how the tank looks after the new plants go in.

My planting tools arrived today. I'm happy about that as well! New leds shipped today and they should arrive by this weekend. If they do I'll be reworking the light to increase the whites.

More to come!

A special thank you to foster53 for the great plants that came in today.

Staurogyne Repens - added to the tank

4hm1jje.jpg

y2BJodm.jpg

Hi2kWVK.jpg

vehV0Nf.jpg

8C8jkWR.jpg

More plants are supposed to come in tomorrow and the new leds should be here before the weekend. Things are coming together. I might actually have to start really planning on fish and shrimp before long...

Back
Top Bottom