Ziggy's 40b Planted Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depending on what colors you like maybe some orange or yellow sakura instead of RCS?

Orange eye blue tigers are really nice looking.

What color shoaling fish are you looking for. Microdevario kubotai have a nice green color. Ember tetras a nice red. Sundadanio axelrodi are nice and blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for all the suggestions!

I really like Sundadanio axelrodi and boraras brigittae. Blue/green and red fish will look cool together.

I had planned on having a small group of pygmy cories in the tank. They will likely be the first fish I add to the system as I can easily find them locally. Most of the other fish I want will have to be ordered. My LFS doesn't have them.

I got the Ferts going in the tank last night. Set everything up and the first official dose went in this morning at 9am.

I'm dosing right around 100ml (1.5 minutes) PPS Pro method.

The dwarf hair grass has already started rooting.

I expect to see some rapid growth over the next week or so. The plants are nicely settled in and are pearling during the day.

According to tracking info my LEDs are supposed to be in on Monday. I will document the upgrade with pics and post them.

I got the Ferts going in the tank last night. Set everything up and the first official dose went in this morning at 9am.

I'm dosing right around 100ml (1.5 minutes) PPS Pro method.

The dwarf hair grass has already started rooting.

I expect to see some rapid growth over the next week or so. The plants are nicely settled in and are pearling during the day.

According to tracking info my LEDs are supposed to be in on Monday. I will document the upgrade with pics and post them.

Sweet, more progress...looking forward to the diy led mod..

sit in silence...

Indeed progress. I'm about as far as I can go at this point. Now I have to figure out where to order fish from. I don't want to settle with picking up fish at the LFS, the selection isn't all that great.

I've only ever ordered coral online and never fish so this will be new for me. Any suggestions on reliable sources?

Batfish aquatics is pretty decent I believe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wet Spot is my favorite, have ordered from them many times. I think the minimum order is $25 and they will only ship overnight. Great selection of fish, never had an issue with communication.

Rachel Ms Jinkzd is another very reliable source. It's a home-run business so not the same selection as the bigger sites.

Imperial Tropicals I found these folks thru AquaBid and they worked with me to come up with a special order. Free shipping at $40. Even though my package was delayed by a holiday there were still no DOAs.

Thank you for the suggestions! I've been checking out all the sites you all have suggested. Looks like I will be able to get fish fairly easily. I will probably have to wait until after this week however due to Thanksgiving, unless I order tomorrow.

Well I bit the bullet and ordered some cherry reds. They are a great shrimp and will add interest to the tank. I still plan to add some blues and maybe some yellows to the tank as well. The cherry reds will look great against the green of the tank.

I've decided on the Celestial Pearl Danio as my focal fish. I will probably order 12 to start and hopefully have around 20 total in the tank. I will also add pygmy cories and some zebra otos. I want to add another shoaling fish but haven't decided just yet.

So my order of LEDs - I ordered 10 I got 14. I only used 9. I'm going to hold off adding the rest of them for a while to see how things look. I'm pleased with the outcome so far but it's difficult to tell as I did a PWC and trimmed a few of the plants back.

I took a few pics of the light as I was working on it. Nothing too exciting but I will post them.

So I need some opinions.

I am considering removing the rock on the right side of the tank and replacing it with a bonsai tree. Moss covered - I really love the look.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom