Ziggy's 54g Corner ReScape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I am seeing some growth and spread in the tank. I'm pleased. I might go another week with no fish to allow for more growth. I want to make sure the plants are rooted well in the tank before the fish go back in.

GldvWWl.jpg

DstvCDb.jpg

lz4cJQP.jpg

IzmXaXR.jpg

I received the white leds, pots and arctic aluminum adhesive today. My power supplies and wall warts will be in on Saturday which means this weekend will be an awesome DIY weekend for Ziggy!

Should I video the project????

Wow. Just wow!! You guys are so good at this. I need many more years of experience. One day. One day.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What's the name of the purple one

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm not sure which one you are referring to. None of them is actually purple they just look it in the pics. They are actually red. There are 3 types of plants in there that are reddish.

Alternanthera Reineckii (short red in the center of the tank)
Ammannia Cracilis (short red on the left of the tank)
Ludwigia Repens Rubin (tall red in the center of the tank)

I'm seeing some growth in the plants. The hair grass is starting to spread and I can see runners along the glass. The ludwigia has shot up like crazy, reaching for the light I fear because the tank is deep and the light isn't as strong as it is going to be. I can see roots spreading on the SR. The HC isn't doing as well as I would like, it was a gamble putting it in the tank to begin with. I may pull it out and replace it with more Staurogyne Repens and just use that as a foreground carpet. It roots deeper and has a nice look.

Tomorrow the Leds are going to be reworked. I will video and take pics during the process. Who knows maybe I'll even do a full on instructional video. You all will get to hear what I sound like...EEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

All in all the 54 is doing pretty well considering I'm not blasting it with daily CO2 or ferts. When that happens it will grow out like the 40 did.

Here are a few shots of the tank today..yes I have CO2 going right now. I run a line from the 40 over to the 54. :-/

Yw00aNt.jpg

XmpGIAz.jpg

LmdRqDI.jpg

jD7XoH3.jpg

I'm starting to get some algae on the glass. I need to get the CO2 running all the time very soon!

Well kids, I'm sorry to say that you will have to wait another week for the DIY of the LEDs for this tank. My power supplies did not come in. I'm slightly irritated though not surprised. I guess it will be next weekend when I do the video.

Water change and filter maintenance is finished. The tank looks pretty good. I chopped down the Vals in the background and mixed in some filigree. I'm not happy with the look of the vals and the filigree is pretty awesome.

Off to the garage to build a shelf for the 40.... I'll post pics later.

Ok so I did the water change and filter work for the tank today.

Here are a few pics of the tank after the water change:

TMvBBQg.jpg

EuHDP2e.jpg

B91GjDO.jpg

iGST9sy.jpg

UtV2b8x.jpg

It's looking pretty good I think.

Guess what kids!!!!

My power supplies came in today. You know what that means?

Yes! That means I will have new burns on my fingers and probably say some very inappropriate things as I rewire the light!

Video (edited) will be posted upon completion!

LET IT SNOW!!!!!

Would gloves help?
What are you doing differently to the current LED configuration.
Just so you know, LED light fixture companies hate you.

Yep, snowing here. Waiting for Friday/Saturday. Snow blower fueled up and ready to go.

Would gloves help?
What are you doing differently to the current LED configuration.
Just so you know, LED light fixture companies hate you.

Yep, snowing here. Waiting for Friday/Saturday. Snow blower fueled up and ready to go.

I wouldn't be able to wear gloves. LEDs are small and the wire is small as well.

The current configuration is going away completely. Right now I have 24 1w leds, 4 blues and 20 whites. I am replacing all of them with 3w leds. A total of 30. 20 white, 5 green and 5 reds. I haven't decided if I will throw 5 blues in there just for the heck of it and drop down to 15 whites.

I will have dimmer switches on both strings of 15 LEDs.

I don't think my LEDs scare any company out there, they just aren't getting my money. I like the aspect of DIY.

Well kids - confirmation of the delivery of my CO2 tank is Monday 1/25, somehow I don't think I will get it on Monday. I'm pretty sure that Baltimore is going to be pretty much shut down over the weekend. Stupid Jonas.

Well kids - confirmation of the delivery of my CO2 tank is Monday 1/25, somehow I don't think I will get it on Monday. I'm pretty sure that Baltimore is going to be pretty much shut down over the weekend. Stupid Jonas.

Probably more like Wednesday. What size tank are you getting?
I have live plants arriving tomorrow. Hopefully before it gets real bad here.

Probably more like Wednesday. What size tank are you getting?
I have live plants arriving tomorrow. Hopefully before it gets real bad here.

Another 5lb tank. I have one already under the 40. I need a second one for the 54 and the ADA tank. So the 54 and the ADA tank will use the regulator and 3way splitter I'm currently running on the 40 and the 40 will get the new regulator with single needle valve/bubble counter. All is right in the world. Now I just need to build another CO2 reactor (Nils let me know if you want me to make one for you, I have all the stuff already) for the 54. The ADA tank I will use a glass diffuser.

Back
Top Bottom