Zoanthid ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimkamal

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was wondering if anybody can help me ID my zoanthid or palythoa? Actually, does anybody know if this is zoa or paly?

Attachments

• image-1133754939.jpg
    image-1133754939.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 160
  • image-2255950310.jpg
    image-2255950310.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 162
I was looking at pictures of what you described and it didn't look the same.. So I'm not sure if it was the same one

Those look like zoas to me, but also look similar to some Blasto's I've seen. Where did you get them, maybe ask the person you got them from.

Those are for sure either zoanthids or palythoas, either way they are very similar and with thousands of color morphs. The tentacles look a little more gnarly than a zoa, so ill say paly. Best to be safe and wash your hands everytime you touch them as they may contain palytoxin

Anyone else notice how the clown goby in the picture looks like he is playing tag, but safe on base with His pectoral touchingthe dead acropora

Anyone else notice how the clown goby in the picture looks like he is playing tag, but safe on base with His pectoral touchingthe dead acropora

Good eye!!! I don't even notice the goby at first! Haha. I had to go back and look. But he does kinda look like he's reaching to the side to touch it! Lol

Back
Top Bottom