210g discus build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thats the old man, its his tank. Im just the whippersnapper, as it was so heavenly put lol.

Thats the half brain and all the budget, im just the other half of the brain and the laborer.

speaking of which I need to go wash his gravel before I get me bum chewed out.

Well, this is the comment that made me laugh, I didn't go back any further LOL. ;)

That was me with the comment in the other thread (Sr's welcome thread). :) Shall we compare greys? LOL!

Game on!

I look like ***** from the sopranos and pauli too the big old italian silver wings, the charles atlas hairstyle LOL

best part is I got all me hair, unlike Sr and my grandfather who done went bald at 18 and 40, figure I got till im 60 before it falls out. Good thing I shave me head every chance I get. 29 years old looking like I got more then 30 years on my feet.

Mine is decent now that I am a parent myself. Gives a WHOLE new outlook on the BS I put him and my mother thru as a wee lad.

Also, updated, lights and QT addition built, sump is all plumbed up, going to clean the glass tomorrow, move over the plants and driftwood and eheim and run it for a day, check levels possibly let the tetras go in it first. but not till the new RO unit comes early next week.

Home - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

I cant wait till its done.errr content for now I should say. tomorrow, huge picture update , it will be 100% running and planted by tomorrow evening.

anyone know a good way to get rid of MTS, Im going to have to figure a way to get rid of them because they are all over the driftwood thats in my 52 that my old man is putting in the 210(got all sorts of bacteria on it, pre seeding cycling) and wont have time to clean them nor wish to because of the bacteria. Im in a bit of a pickle here,heh pickle...

People make traps for them. I would look up snail traps all it really takes is tupperware containers. I would start there.

I tried the tupperware one with the pond snails, worked great. however my MTS are about 1/2" in diameter and almost 2" long. I am thinking hopefully I can get most off and let the banjo cats take care of the rest, I saw two of the 3 last night and in the past week they have grown quite a bit being in a infested MTS tank.

all but the discus swim in the 210.
pic update later once battery is charged

210g discus build - Album - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

iqeog9.jpg

1zexidi.jpg

Discus go in later today.

wait till you see the fish my old man is going to order once the 40 cube is here. I think 8 more discus 4 BNP's and a dozen rams.

A DOZEN RAMS, you sick master mind that would be sick. Looks awesome. Love the angels.

Thanks Jr

Jr did a fine job on this build. :D

Now that the project is coming to a close (still have some items to take care of this weekend; enclose the stand, cut the plexi tops, etc) there are a thing or two I would have done differently, but not moving the tank to change them.

In addition to the angels, multitude of tetras and 5 discus (1 kicked it this morning, it was a runt), I'll be ordering from discusmadness.com for a Tuesday delivery and adding after a 2 week QT:
8 x Discus
White Rabbit Albino Pink
Apricot Rainbow
Blue Diamond Red Striated
Eruption Leopard
Green Diamond
Red Albino
White Buterfly
Yellow Face Red Melon
6 x German Rams
6 x Gold Rams
2 x BN Pleco
2 x Albino BN Pleco

One thing I have been struggling with. I had hoped the tetras would take up space in the top 1/3 of the tank, but so far they've been hanging out in the bottom 2/3. The top of the tank really looks empty. Maybe I don't need anything up there, but considering maybe some dwarf gouramis. It could be the tetras are hanging low because of a stronger current at the top from the w/d returns.

Jr also thinks I need more vegetation. Plants (live or fake) are something I've never played with, all my stock in the past were bulldozers that would rearrange the substrate for the **** of it. I know I'd like some taller stuff lining the back to break up the black bg and some floaters to give the discus some shade. Think I'll wait for the rest of the livestock and see what it looks like.

Thanks to all for the positive feedback.

i think some taller driftwood would help too. some branches coming down would be more natrual for them too. what tetras did you add and what other ones are you thinking of adding? maybe i missed it. there some that will stay closer to the top while there are others that will stay closer to the bottom. from that pic what i see is the angels scared the neons down and they are hiding. so they dont get picked off.

taller is harder to find around here, and some of those yahoo's on ebay think wood is made from gold.

I am still thinking things on the DW, went to add a new piece today but its a floating piece and wlel pinning it down did nothing but tick me off.

The neons were in my 52 and they were all over the tank with those same angels in it, Ive noticed they tend to stay at the bottom 1/3rd of any tanks Ive seen them in. They arent scared of them by any means, watched them several times get right in the middle of feeding time and spawn time with nothing but a chase off.

I dont think we know what tetras to get for the top, I suggested marbled hatchets but my father is not a fan of them. Im not sure what other SA tetras hang out in the top 1/3rd of the tank at all.

Back
Top Bottom