Brian's(Old Scales)Rescape Journal "Yikes!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovely photos old scales! Im sorry as ive asked you this before, but what is the very long thin leaved plant to the far right?

Hi Sk3lly,
It's an Echinodorus vesuvius. It's a type of sword plant. Medium light, root tab and easy to grow level. Only supposed to get 10" tall. OS.

Hi Sk3lly,
It's an Echinodorus vesuvius. It's a type of sword plant. Medium light, root tab and easy to grow level. Only supposed to get 10" tall. OS.

Thanks bud. I must get one as i really like it. Your fish pictures look great too. Tank is looking nicer with every photo you take. Bet all those hours rescaping have all become worthwhile

Plant Triming Scissors

You know its funny. I don't have near as much to trim now as compared to the old scape. I feel kind of lost. Ha! I did give the Glosso a real head chopping this time. I ordered the neatest scissors to mow with. They are MUCH easier and faster to use than the long ones. I got them on Amazon for about $26. They really work great. OS.

Attachments

• DSCF1201.jpg
    DSCF1201.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 63
Nice camera work OS! Looks really really good! I was going to ask you about the Vesuvius as well, I had a decoration that looked just like it and I've always wanted the real thing! Let me know if you need to unload some trimmings haha!

LOL Brookster, I cut off and threw away a runner that had two baby plants on it right after I got it as I only needed the one. If it puts out more baby plants I'll save them for you. OS.

LOL Brookster, I cut off and threw away a runner that had two baby plants on it right after I got it as I only needed the one. If it puts out more baby plants I'll save them for you. OS.
Tank looks super, cara. That AR mini is a beautiful contrast to the green. Nice scaping buddy.....

Thanks Ian. How's it going mo Cara? We have 2" of pure Sleet w/ 1" of snow on top of that. Temp was 14F for the HIGH today. Yuk! Supposed to be 8F tonight. Me and Daisy decided to hibernate today. OS.

Wow fantastic pictures! How you liking the extension tubes? Are you just using LR5 for post processing?

Those spring scissors are certainly nifty.. I have a pair myself.

Hi Brian,
Hope you'd peek at my pics. LOL. I got the ext tubes today, I think they are going to be all I need for awhile. Sure cheaper than a macro prime. VERY tricky keeping focus for sure! EspecialIy with my old eyes. Post processed these in the software Nikon gave me with the camera. Very basic compared to Photoshop or even Lightroom. These were the very first macros I took with the tubes. OS.

Nice tank shots again OS . Seems like you have spent plenty of time getting intimate with the new camera. If my fish ever need a photographer for a special occasion I'll recommend you to them.

Thanks Alan. But Brian_Nano12g is the man you want. He's a lot better at it than I am. LOL. If you haven't yet, check out the pics he just posted in his thread. Wow! He's got younger eyes than I have. OS.

Hi Jwh,
It's a Fluval 100w. Got it at Petsmart. One year now and no problems with it. It holds the tank at 77F very steady. OS.

That's what I thought!!! I just wanna say, I would raise it up. There are 2 water lines on it and the top plastic piece isn't suppose to be in the water. Just wanted to tell you before it does malfunction

Back
Top Bottom