Easiest Fish to Keep - new 55 Gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds fine. You have space for a bit more if you want too. :)
I agree that 2 male gouramis may fight, but you never know with gouramis. Sometimes they do fine together, sometimes not. Its always hard to say. It would be safer to either get 1 or else get a male and female of something, but you can certainly try getting 2 and hope for the best. :) Just keep an eye out for bullying and if one gets nasty, you can always trade him in at an lfs near you.
I would add a few more cories if I was you because they are so darn cute.

Don't worry, I just wanted some cories to begin with. I will get some more when my tank inhabitants are all settled in.

Besides more cories, what would be a good fish (Or group of fish) to add to this tank in the future? Thanks!!

phoenixkiller said:
Don't worry, I just wanted some cories to begin with. I will get some more when my tank inhabitants are all settled in.

Besides more cories, what would be a good fish (Or group of fish) to add to this tank in the future? Thanks!!

Perhaps another school of Tetras ?
Bleeding Hearts are nice
Lemon Tetras

Or Cherry Barbs ? ( make sure to get females, not just males, so the males will get deep red for the girls )

Rainbowfish ? Dwarf Neon Rainbows are a nice size.

Keep an eye on the Mollies, some not all , MAY become bullies. They are pigs for food and may not let other fish eat.
Most Mollies are great, just see how yours do.

Most Tetras show off best with dark substrate and real plants. Fake is ok, real is better. But they need hiding places with open water front or center.

GL with your tank.

Perhaps another school of Tetras ?
Bleeding Hearts are nice
Lemon Tetras

Or Cherry Barbs ? ( make sure to get females, not just males, so the males will get deep red for the girls )

Rainbowfish ? Dwarf Neon Rainbows are a nice size.

Keep an eye on the Mollies, some not all , MAY become bullies. They are pigs for food and may not let other fish eat.
Most Mollies are great, just see how yours do.

Most Tetras show off best with dark substrate and real plants. Fake is ok, real is better. But they need hiding places with open water front or center.

GL with your tank.
Awesome. In a little while I shall add some Bleeding Hearts. How many fish is the best both for them and for my tank stocking list?:fish1::fish2:

Another really nice fish is green tiger barbs, I got some a little while back and they look really nice. Maybe do a google search.

phoenixkiller said:
Awesome. In a little while I shall add some Bleeding Hearts. How many fish is the best both for them and for my tank stocking list?:fish1::fish2:

Add to your tank gradually, but the larger the school, the better. If you can, I'd say 6-12 Bleeding Hearts.

Since I want 12 Black Neon Tetras, what should be the number of the first batch of them that I bring home? (meaning how many should I get in the first week after cycling)

phoenixkiller said:
Since I want 12 Black Neon Tetras, what should be the number of the first batch of them that I bring home? (meaning how many should I get in the first week after cycling)

It depends how you cycle. Are you fishless with bottled ammonia or fish in? I might have missed that part.

It depends how you cycle. Are you fishless with bottled ammonia or fish in? I might have missed that part.
I am going fishless.

Also, (Forget the Bleeding Heart Tetras for a moment) how often should I clean the tank? (I am purchasing an Emperor 400 soon) And how much water should be changed?

Thanks!:thanks:

If your doing a fishless cycle you are able to add the majority of your stock once the cycle is complete. If your going to spend all that time waiting for a monster bacteria colony to grow you might as well take advantage of it :)

phoenixkiller said:
Crap. That's a lot of water. A Python now seems like a worthy investment...

It definitly is. My brother and i change 20 gallons a week. If your dedicated, it can be done in 15 minutes with buckets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom