Filter???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, in the second link I posted there are the basic parts if you scroll down. Just no elbows. I have mine vertically coming from the rubber connector that came with the filter. Except I replaced the connectors with black ones from Amazon. I drilled a few extra holes in the tube to lessen the flow a little.

I couldn't see anything else on the link you posted, but seeing the intake tube definitely sparked my idea so thank you!

Ah, gotcha! Well it has the spray bar tube, the black suction cups that hold the tube, the black connectors. It's weird because the 406 came with white connectors and intake/output assemblies. But the spray bar kit came in black. I much prefer the black. That's my only complaint about the 406.

Ah, gotcha! Well it has the spray bar tube, the black suction cups that hold the tube, the black connectors. It's weird because the 406 came with white connectors and intake/output assemblies. But the spray bar kit came in black. I much prefer the black. That's my only complaint about the 406.

Ahh, well I thought I was a genius! Haha, I prefer black too, I think the tube I ordered was a smoked gray and the rubber pieces were a gray too

You will Definitely have to let me know how it works out. Because I am back and forth on the 306 and 406. I think without the spray bar the 406 will produce too much current.

Velksfish said:
You will Definitely have to let me know how it works out. Because I am back and forth on the 306 and 406. I think without the spray bar the 406 will produce too much current.

What size tank do you have?

I think w/spraybar with extra holes it could work. But I'd hate to steer you wrong. The 306 would be a safer bet.

Ok that is what i was thinking. The only reason I was considering the 406 was because incase i upgrade to a larger tank I would already have a good filter. Even though i don't plan on upgrading for a while but some day I would like to upgrade to at lease a 55 gal.

Ok that is what i was thinking. The only reason I was considering the 406 was because incase i upgrade to a larger tank I would already have a good filter. Even though i don't plan on upgrading for a while but some day I would like to upgrade to at lease a 55 gal.

I agree that the 406 alone would be too much for your tank, but I will let you know about what I'm going to try. My angels aren't used to and don't like the current so I'm trying to almost drastically reduce current or spread it out. If it works for me then I would suggest the 406, if not then the 306 for you. I'll let you know by Friday!

I agree that the 406 alone would be too much for your tank, but I will let you know about what I'm going to try. My angels aren't used to and don't like the current so I'm trying to almost drastically reduce current or spread it out. If it works for me then I would suggest the 406, if not then the 306 for you. I'll let you know by Friday!

Sounds great. Thanks!!!!!

I just ordered the 306 off amazon and they have the fluval spray bar listed as a "prime" item. They only had 14 left. I am going to run a 306 and then still use my cascade 1000 for polishing. I'll let you know on the 306 when I get it which will be Friday. As of midnight est amazon did have the spray bars.

I was thinking and was wondering if you guys think this would work. The tubing the comes with the filters are usually long and have to be cut down, I was wondering if I would just extend the tubing into the tank with the outflow piece connected but if I drilled some holes in the tubing that was in the water.... If that would work as spray bar??

I guess you could try it. There has to be a way to keep it from flopping around in the tank though.

Found a fluval 406 canister on craigslist for $150. It comes with a couple extra boxes of media. Was leaning toward getting the 306 but for this price it is tough to pass it. Just want to know what you all think about buying a used filter??? And if it is a good idea or not ?

Found a fluval 406 canister on craigslist for $150. It comes with a couple extra boxes of media. Was leaning toward getting the 306 but for this price it is tough to pass it. Just want to know what you all think about buying a used filter??? And if it is a good idea or not ?

You can get it cheaper on amazon, and who knows what they've had in their tanks or what they did to the filter. Fluval 406 on amazon for like $125 shipped for free. Oh and by the way, my DIY spray bar works like a charm! Absolutely recommend you getting the 406 now

Some pictures of it

Attachments

• image-3305468680.jpg
    image-3305468680.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 56
  • image-3154772314.jpg
    image-3154772314.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 50
  • image-327215035.jpg
    image-327215035.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 57
  • image-3289669293.jpg