HELP! My 2 year old dumped 8 oz of conditioner into the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Generally, water conditioner won't hurt your fish, even if they get more than they are supposed to. I've never heard of a fish getting a dose that big, so I would probably do a 50% water change just to be on the safe side. But I wouldn't worry too much. I would just do the water change and then proceed as normal. Since you already have more than enough conditioner in the water, new water straight from the tap will be dechlorinated.

Several very large water changes are needed.

You don't just have dechlor, you have 'conditioner' (which is unnecessary...a bottle of Prime is all you need)

Your stuff contains:
- Protects fish by replacing their natural protective mucous coating
- P.H.E. Pure Herbal Extract
- Contributes a positive sedating effect against stress related to transportation, handling and introduction

in other words, lots of extra junk, like aloe vera, which with 8oz worth, could easily gum up filter media, and fish gills.

Ok, I'll remember that for the next purchase - what' constitues "several very large water changes?" Like all at once? Or over a few days? How much 50% or 100%?

Back
Top Bottom