Just bought this. Stay tuned...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha geez, it looks like that shrimp could devour his little friend if he wanted too... :) lol

Yeah I was thinking the same! Hope they get along well or it's just gonna be a Colt tank! lol

Update:

So after much much deliberation I have decided to save the 300+ bucks and not buy a new light.

If you remember when the tanks kept coming in smashed, well I forgot that IM said I could keep the last tank that was destroyed! So that meant all spare parts! Pump,media,stand and.... The white 10k light with moonlights. Yea! It just dawned on me last night. So when the AI NANO gets here its going back. Why spend that when I now have a 20k light with more then enough moon lights. I know have 12 whites and 8 blues.

So it's 2 of these. Lemme know what ya think! Do I still need to spend bucks or can I save $$$ and well.... BUY MORE CORALS!!!! :) :)

image-537007970.jpg

image-3712351005.jpg

image-3262542664.jpg

image-3322865491.jpg

The last pic, notice the mound that Colt the pistol shrimp is making!! Man is he ever busy!! Do they EVER stop?! lol.

Also wanted to add that I couldn't bring them closer together like almost touching to kinda
Ale it look like one light because of the back chambers have dividers and it hinder me from bringing them closer. So being OCD I measured of the ends, there exactly 1" from the each end. So there even. I think it kinda looks neat and since there made for that tank you would think it was sold like that!

Open to criticism/advice/opinions/

:)

Last edited:
Sniperhank said:
I like it. I dont know anything about those lights, so I can't give much feedback...but I don't see why you couldn't house lps under them like that.

Thanks Hank! I think it loos pretty sweet and different. I'm gonna look into some LPS :)

Maybe hmmm... TODAY! lol. I'll be saving 326.99 with the AI return.

Convict2161 said:
I hear ya... I'm researching now.

I think it looks cool with the two lights. I don't see why they would be strong enough. Plus think how many you can get for that 300 lol. You did say your lfs had a 10 and 20 dollar section right :)

Well after reading that I would say you would be fine with LPS and Soft. Now you know more than me as u have taught me a ton but that's my educated guess

Yup! Try do and today there having a special!! They have a ton of ORA stuff!! 15 dollar frag tank just for today!! Just waiting for the wife to get home from work and I'm gone!! lol.

I think the lights will be fine. Some corals opened right up and seem happier.

image-2407126947.jpg

image-3615375001.jpg

image-3724842104.jpg

image-3024149.jpg

image-450184850.jpg

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Wooohh those lights do look cool. I think you could get sps now, just stick em on top! :)

Oh you know it!! lol. And thanks bro. It just came to me so I used a level and tape measure lol. I had to make sure it looked like the tank came that way. I'm all about keeping things sleek!!

I'm pretty stoked!

Convict2161 said:
Yup! Try do and today there having a special!! They have a ton of ORA stuff!! 15 dollar frag tank just for today!! Just waiting for the wife to get home from work and I'm gone!! lol.

I think the lights will be fine. Some corals opened right up and seem happier.

Damit. I wish I didn't have to work tonight might be worth the 2 and a half hour drive. I need some 15 dollar frag sale lol

22engine said:
Damit. I wish I didn't have to work tonight might be worth the 2 and a half hour drive. I need some 15 dollar frag sale lol

If I see anything I'll pick ya up a little something.

Convict2161 said:
If I see anything I'll pick ya up a little something.

Lol. Just got some hermit crabs and wanted some candy cane but there were 8 a head and the heads were like half the size of a penny

O ya I forgot the they had those Skye Lights like the ones you had and it said good for corals. It was just the clip on not your whole setup

Dude, I think you need to change your screen name to the "tank whisperer". You rock everything you do!

Wife willing I bet he comes home with 10 new corals. Anyone else wanna throw there guess in lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom