Some of my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think all of those fish are beautiful!! I especially like the jet black swordtails. I also am wondering if they will be posted on aquabid?

Thank you .
The jet blacks are hot fish IMO..
I haven't posted them on AB yet but do have males and females that are saleable.
If you are interested pm me..I ship every Monday..(y)

Hello Tom, I think iniridae eggs hatched. Super excited... here is pic of mom.
View attachment 306599

Congrats on your video with Rich, going to take a final soon so haven’t been able to watch. I will watch it after 2:30 my time and see how the tour was (guessing it was phenomenal!). Talk soon,
Shane

Good job with the irindae..I am expecting to see eggs any day...
Just snagged a male Pelvicachromis Taeniatus Moliwe at my LFS..
They just today got a shipment in from Wetspot so I was surprised to see and could not resist getting a male...:dance:

Good job with the irindae..I am expecting to see eggs any day...

Just snagged a male Pelvicachromis Taeniatus Moliwe at my LFS..

They just today got a shipment in from Wetspot so I was surprised to see and could not resist getting a male...:dance:

That’s awesome. Excited to see more about your experiences with breeding them. Is this male large? Then it must me a WC one.

The male is much larger then the female I have now .
He definitely ranks which is 1/2 of why I could not resist him..
He might be over 2 ".

The male is much larger then the female I have now .
He definitely ranks which is 1/2 of why I could not resist him..
He might be over 2 ".

Cool. That’s a good thing, it will further add some sort of genetic diversity. Headed home, did excellent on some parts of the final, fine on others. I will take a look at your video then [emoji6]!

Cool. That’s a good thing, it will further add some sort of genetic diversity. Headed home, did excellent on some parts of the final, fine on others. I will take a look at your video then [emoji6]!

Your room is a work of art, my friend. Well organized, gazillions of healthy, large fish and great equipment!

Can't wait to see what Rich got from you...

I know someone going to Mexico and bringing back some swordtails (locally), I will let you know if anything becomes available.

Shane

Thanks Shane !
I appreciate the help you offer me..
You have made some great fish connections that I am envious of...(y)
Rich grabbed some GBR and EBR..Who could resist after being in the room???:whistle:

Here is a quick video of just a couple hours after I added the male PTM to the females tank...
I thought she was mad chasing him but that quickly turned different I think ?
He started eating frozen bloodworms like a fat kid with chocolate cake and then she saw him ! I hope he ate enough to get his energy up as she looks like she is going to put him through the ringer.. Really glad he is as large as he is..

Here is a quick video of just a couple hours after I added the male PTM to the females tank...
I thought she was mad chasing him but that quickly turned different I think ?
He started eating frozen bloodworms like a fat kid with chocolate cake and then she saw him ! I hope he ate enough to get his energy up as she looks like she is going to put him through the ringer.. Really glad he is as large as he is..

Gorgeous male!

Hahaha, I want you to try something. You will see them looking like they are fighting (before they lay eggs). You might have noticed this behavior already... if you have an iPhone, you should have a slow motion record button. Stake out a little close to them so they take up the frame of the shot (hopefully with no zoom) and record in slow motion. Tell me what you see... you will be amazed. I am not going to spoil it for you!

I think you will have eggs by noon. What I would suggest is that you use a spawning mop as cover for the male, place it in a corner furthest from the cave that you can look at. You will see him cowering in the mop....

I think that most pelvicachromis are biparental, but your female is F1 and if she was pulled from the mom premature (by whomever grew her out) she may not have developed that behavioral understanding of how to care for fry with another male. I don’t know, it’s a big mystery.

I was talking to Ted Judy the other day and he said that they need some sort of dither or the female/male goes “schizophrenic” and attacks the only other fish in the tank. When there is a threat to the fry, they defend the fry together much much better.

Long explanations, but hopefully that can help you. If your tank is large enough, Congo Tetras are excellent dithers. They get quite large, but the Pelvicachromis are amazing parents... they won’t let them get anywhere near the fry.

^^ Nice !^^ NO IPhone [V10] but will see if I can figure out slo mo...
The pair PTM are in my half filled 29g with the [at least 6] orange laser cories ,6 silver hatchet and 2 farowella. The cories are a big pest to her and I have even seen them going in the cave while she is in their.. This won't last long IMO and should supply the male with enough distraction hopefully..
The back corner farthest from cave is all java moss so that should do for spawning mop..(y)
The tank is pretty heavily planted but she has had much more time to know her way around compared to the new guy.
He and her are out and looking good today. He has colored up quite a bit ..I m sure he likes my water way better then LFS ... I run this tank low TDS with Manzanita wood and 'The Dr. Chihiros' original with new reactor disk. I will 'cater' to certain fish.. :whistle:
I would like to move these guys to their own tank but think he is on borrowed time if I do. If I can just get a couple sets of eggs I will be happy and would love to leave them in the 29.. I think I say this for every fish I try to breed ,but honestly almost did not get the male just in consideration of how much she is one of the best looking fish IMO I have ever had. Single or with male I just want her to last as long as possible happily if possible...I really enjoy her as the 29 is 1 of the 3 tanks I have scaped...Over 50 tanks and only 3 are 'nice' to look at for most people..
I personally am spoiled beyond reality and think a 60g packed full of GBR bare bottom all clean is a sight to behold...:cool:
I wish I had a cooler place to just sort the fry like has been discussed ..I still don't have any clue of the sex ratio I am going to have with the 100 + juveniles I have now..I really hope they don't sex out like the hongslio male heavy due to high temp.. Part of me not paying an arm and leg for all my heaters running is to keep the fish room near 80..Forced hot air is so easy to control that having 1 room almost 10 degrees warmer then the rest of the house is easy as long as I keep the doors closed...

Question, I understand the moliwe when they are in the mood or have fry are pretty sturdy fish. Will you guys expand a little about temperament when they are not breeding. What temperature range are you keeping, water values? I’m finally close to being able to have this fish and would really appreciate any information on how you are keeping them and what you guys are doing that is different

Here you go best I can Mike;
Water is ph 7ish
TDS 110
kh 1-2
I don't have a gh reagent now.
Honestly I only check TDS..
I take the right fish pretty low with my ro... My tap is 350+
The tank has bolbitus , java fern and moss, various crypts , buce and hair grass [ I think]
in eco complete [what do I know ?].
Beamsworks DA FSPEC on 12 hours probably..
Filter is auaclaer 50 drawing water from well below a good level ,the 29g tank is only half full [hatchet fish] .
I know much is said bad about frozen bloodworms but for me they are gold..
The fish are interested in them so they explore them [step 1 to get fish to eat] . After that they get golden pearls and kens grow meal...
The tank has a 'Dr. Chihiros' original [super] set on 2 .
I add 2 frozen spinach leaves every other day to a stick with a clip on it to hold near bottom I think for the 2 farowella . Only other tanks mate here are the OL cories and lone oto ..
She did kill the last male who had ample shelter in a tank with same sized foot print tank .. Day one so we will see.. Love at first sight ...:nono:
I have not let her raise fry yet or she ate the one batch I let her ?
If she earns it I will name her...
THE BLACK WIDOW ! :eek:

Cleaned the sides of the Marmorkreb tank . I usually leave the algae for them ,but
thought a good cleaning would not hurt..
They all looked too funny to me not to snap !
I got a crab hotel !:lol:
oyh45QOl.jpg

Sd0nxkel.jpg

mhqSVtxl.jpg

Some of my fish are trained ! Here is one playing dead like he does everyday this time !
g89ezgEl.jpg

2kOLIaCl.jpg

Wouldn't move till everyone else stirred him ...They really are clowns.

[emoji23] I wish I had a fish as personable... all I get is begging (for food).

Back
Top Bottom