Brian's ADA 60P (17g) Rimless - Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amen Octane. Brian's pictures has got me motivated to dust off my camera gear and get to taking pictures again. He's good! OS.

You're making me blush, Brian! HAHA... Anyways, thanks for the vote of confidence. Luckily the technology in these modern cameras help newbs like me take good pictures. I can't imagine how it was in the old days to do everything on manual... with no tech to assist.

welp, I put them in a month old tank, 10 gal tank :hides: the male relentlessly chased the other m or f around to the point it was dead one morning, than the remaining male died of what appeared to be an ammonia burn, I know it sounds horrible but that series of events is what led me to find AA. Lack if h2 means it looks like your fish are floating in air!

Oh... got you, H2 and floating in air! LOL... maybe if it was H2O I would have gotten it from the start... I was trying to figure out what H2 could have been.

Sorry to hear about your past experience. We all weren't perfect in the start of this hobby. It's just nice to know you learned from your mistakes and you were proactive enough to do the legwork to research how to be a more responsible fishkeeper.

Oh... got you, H2 and floating in air! LOL... maybe if it was H2O I would have gotten it from the start... I was trying to figure out what H2 could have been. Sorry to hear about your past experience. We all weren't perfect in the start of this hobby. It's just nice to know you learned from your mistakes and you were proactive enough to do the legwork to research how to be a more responsible fishkeeper.
it's about all I'm interested in these days haha, more of a sickness at this point but hey.. My second go at rams is going much better, have a happy male gbr.. Can't wait to get my plants looking like yours!

Brian. the part that sucked about photography in film was you could not see your work right away. Had to wait for the film developing. Went out today to a local park and played with the D5300 for about an hour. Good light today as it was cloudy. Now I get to start learning all about RAW and post processing. Oh my! OS.

Brian. the part that sucked about photography in film was you could not see your work right away. Had to wait for the film developing. Went out today to a local park and played with the D5300 for about an hour. Good light today as it was cloudy. Now I get to start learning all about RAW and post processing. Oh my! OS.

Did you get any programs?

I'm going to go with the $9.99 a month subscription for the lightroom+ photoshop download they're offering. Going to try it out that way before buying the actual software.
OS.

Maybe you can just download and do a free 30 day trial? The creative cloud monthly subscription wasn't to my liking. I'm really happy that I grabbed CS6 before those subscriptions started. If it were me buying now, I'd look for the programs you get to own indefinitely. Because if you ever decide to not pay monthly, you're left without a functioning program.

You bring up a very good point. The cloud part doesn't appeal to me either. I think I'll do the 30 day trial and if I like it then just buy it. Thanks, OS.
LOL. I got my Circular polarizer stuck on the mounting ring today. No filter wrench and the shop didn't have one in stock. I worked two hours figuring out how to get it off. First calamity with this rig. More to come! OS.

You bring up a very good point. The cloud part doesn't appeal to me either. I think I'll do the 30 day trial and if I like it then just buy it. Thanks, OS. LOL. I got my Circular polarizer stuck on the mounting ring today. No filter wrench and the shop didn't have one in stock. I worked two hours figuring out how to get it off. First calamity with this rig. More to come! OS.
I thought you were a fabricator OS?! What the...

Here's a non-picture update... My UG is about 85% carpeted in. It's growing like a beast! But no pictures until it's 100% filled-in :)

Okay Okay... I give in. Couldn't wait till the UG to fully "carpet in" so I decided to have some fun and bust out my new Extension Tubes for some macro photography with the kit lens (OS got me excited to try them out). All handheld shots with fast shutter settings to catch those little buggers. So I'm augmenting my previous statement with no more FTS pics until the UG is filled in... :)

12921225053_f5faf30b11_b.jpg

12921532634_5fd6a3cf71_b.jpg

12921121495_12a3167d64_b.jpg

12921225613_6378accddd_h.jpg

12921533484_d19c68312f_b.jpg

12921226563_afd8051649_b.jpg

12921533394_2357c6bb66_b.jpg

12921121355_9a9351f4a3_o.jpg

And some non-extension pics (30mm f/2 prime lens):

12921380673_6743c02542_b.jpg

12921687584_411390c6e3_h.jpg

Awesome pics Brian! Good thing you got your stamp on them as people will surely be reusing these! ;)

All Right!!! I'm glad I "instigated" you buddy. Pictures look good. You got sharper focus on your macros than I did. How do you like that enormous depth of field?? LOL. What about lighting? Are you doing anything special? You and that camera are definitely getting along with each other. The plants are really doing well, congrats. Thanks for sharing these. I really enjoy your pictures. Would you want to PM each other's E mail address so we could exchange pics, questions and ideas on photography? OS.

That Ram is sweet. Very nice pic's. Can't wait to see what the tank looks like when it's all grown in.

Awesome pics Brian! Good thing you got your stamp on them as people will surely be reusing these! ;)

Haha, thanks. I think there's still room for improvement. I'm only getting in the habit of watermarking images. I doubt anyone wants to use these!
;)

Excellent work! A++

Why, tank you very much!

That Ram is sweet. Very nice pic's. Can't wait to see what the tank looks like when it's all grown in.

Thanks, mister... hopefully within a week or two.

All Right!!! I'm glad I "instigated" you buddy. Pictures look good. You got sharper focus on your macros than I did. How do you like that enormous depth of field?? LOL. What about lighting? Are you doing anything special? You and that camera are definitely getting along with each other. The plants are really doing well, congrats. Thanks for sharing these. I really enjoy your pictures. Would you want to PM each other's E mail address so we could exchange pics, questions and ideas on photography? OS.

Haha... yeah those ext tubes are tricky. I experimented using both the 10mm and 16mm extenders on my 18-55mm zoomed out to 55mm. This gave me the most magnification in which only things in the front of the tank could be focused on. I had to use a single extender, the 10mm, to focus on things in the midground. Interesting. I went with manual focus as the AF would hunt a lot. It would be much easier on stationary subjects.

Yeah, we can exchange ideas and emails. I didn't realize how fun photography can be. I'm also getting into videography. I'm going to try creating some interesting videos (one of the tank as well) very soon.

Your lovely AR mini is doing great. Miles agreed better than the regular AR we only had prior to your efforts. Everyone who has AR mini here in AA owes you a debt of gratitude. Thanks again, OS!

P.S..
LMK when u want some UG.

Back
Top Bottom