Betta breeding!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speaking of the babies, anybody know what their coloring would turn out to be?

Beau (male) & Narwal (female) are the parents.

Beau is shiny blue and green with red ventrals and some red in his tail, and Narwal is shiny copper with red fins.

The royal blue and the red will play a dominant role over the turquoise/green. I would guess that 75%+ will be veil tail with predominant blue or red, with 25%- copper. The +/- here will be anything you can possibly imagine, since there are 6 genes that behave as interactive.

The royal blue and the red will play a dominant role over the turquoise/green. I would guess that 75%+ will be veil tail with predominant blue or red, with 25%- copper. The +/- here will be anything you can possibly imagine, since there are 6 genes that behave as interactive.

Thanks! I plan on breeding the pair again to get a full spawn of fry, but it's good to know what the four little guys I got right now might grow up to look like. (If they make it) :)

Woohoo! I put my blue crowntail in yesterday and ninja just chased her away, but he wasn't hurting her so I let her stay in to give them a chance. I just walked in to take her out since the last time I checked she was still hiding, and what do I find? Them circling under the nest with a bunch of eggs in it already!!! Now I just have to hope these don't get eaten again. I think I will give him two more chances before I start pulling him when I pull the female.

Woohoo! I put my blue crowntail in yesterday and ninja just chased her away, but he wasn't hurting her so I let her stay in to give them a chance. I just walked in to take her out since the last time I checked she was still hiding, and what do I find? Them circling under the nest with a bunch of eggs in it already!!! Now I just have to hope these don't get eaten again. I think I will give him two more chances before I start pulling him when I pull the female.

Hooray! Hope so too!

I am so happy I waited to pull her. She is eating eggs she finds instead of helping like the last female did, though.

I'm scared to walk into the betta room, lol. Don't want all those eggs to be gone!

Edit - still there!

Hopefully tomorrow sometime. Hasn't quite been 24 hours since they were laid.

WE HAVE WIGGLERS! And poor ninja is going nuts putting them back in the nest. I'm ecstatic! And now I have to go to work, which sucks.

Hurray!!!! So happy for you! Get some infusoria or something ready!

I made sure to have lots of plant material floating to help ninja build his nest so hopefully that will already be making some infusoria right at the nest. And my microworms are ready to go, too. Come on, free swimmers!!!

Update - he hasn't eaten them! They're so tiny! And some keep bouncing out of the nest and shooting back up. So far I've counted at least 20, but they are so hard to see! I'm thinking I will take ninja out tonight or tomorrow morning. Unfortunately I will be out of town all day tomorrow so I don't want him snacking on free swimmers while I'm gone.

98kshooter said:
Watching and hoping for ya Alyxx, now comes the hard part ...keeping the little ones alive!
I am on hold in my program at the moment but should have the new breeder tank with a pair in it by the end of the week.

Thanks, buddy. They have microworms and infusoria from the aquatic plants to munch on, so from here I just have my fingers crossed. Best of luck with your new tank!

My little free swimmers are still doing well! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Back
Top Bottom