10 Gal Remodel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah i refuse to pay for driftwood, especially living beside the great lakes and like 10 parks.

Im thinking im transfering some anubias to my 10 gallon tomorrow or the next day.

Also i just got a job, so I will be buying new plants soon :)!

Ill have a low-light plant package up for sale fairly soon.

Yeah i refuse to pay for driftwood, especially living beside the great lakes and like 10 parks.

Im thinking im transfering some anubias to my 10 gallon tomorrow or the next day.

Also i just got a job, so I will be buying new plants soon :)!

Your lucky! I wish that I had a lake close to me, but there are no freshwater, just brackish. And most of the wood is tiny. Lol and Congrats on your job!

**UPDATE**

So last night I transplanted some anubias into the 10 g from my 20 g! Also considering today getting a few rock shrimp and ghost shrimp for both tanks!

Tomorrow or later tonight I may be debarking and curing another stick of DW that looks like a "Y" to place in the 10 g as well! I will post pics of the anubias soon, if you guys want!

Thanks for following along, and your input! Also just a shout out to sillyfishies for their support and amazing deals on plants, I'll for sure be looking into them, everyone check them out!

**UPDATE**

So last night I transplanted some anubias into the 10 g from my 20 g! Also considering today getting a few rock shrimp and ghost shrimp for both tanks!

Tomorrow or later tonight I may be debarking and curing another stick of DW that looks like a "Y" to place in the 10 g as well! I will post pics of the anubias soon, if you guys want!

Thanks for following along, and your input! Also just a shout out to sillyfishies for their support and amazing deals on plants, I'll for sure be looking into them, everyone check them out!

Propagating is the correct word for transplanting:p. that will help a lot when searching how to propagate a certain type of plant.

Sweet! Gosh you make me want to look for driftwood! But I have to cut down because then I can't have much plants. (Or maybe I need smaller drift wood, lol)

** UPDATE **

Anubias roots have begun growing slightly, they are trying to reach the substrate haha!

In my 20g the anubias roots have gone insane. They are huge!

Anyways in the 10g the betta LOVES the anubas (he rubs up on it and lays between the stems), he also began sleeping under the heater cause hes a weirdo! I know the tanks warm cause in the farthest corn it reads 78*.

The fry seem to be happy, just buzzin around and pickin at the gravel!

OH! I almost forgot, I plan on getting some rock shrimp for my 10g (like 3) and a bristlenose pleco for my 20g!

I will also be moving all my girl platies to my 10 g soon so they wont keep having babies, or at least less often! My gourami and male platy will stay in the 20g and ill get them some tank mates!

Thanks for the support and watching the thread!

Glad your betta is enjoying itself, and that your fry are happy! Can't wait to see your soon to be rock shrimp too!
How many leaves did you leave on the anubias?

** UPDATE **

Anubias roots have begun growing slightly, they are trying to reach the substrate haha!

In my 20g the anubias roots have gone insane. They are huge!

Anyways in the 10g the betta LOVES the anubas (he rubs up on it and lays between the stems), he also began sleeping under the heater cause hes a weirdo! I know the tanks warm cause in the farthest corn it reads 78*.

The fry seem to be happy, just buzzin around and pickin at the gravel!

OH! I almost forgot, I plan on getting some rock shrimp for my 10g (like 3) and a bristlenose pleco for my 20g!

I will also be moving all my girl platies to my 10 g soon so they wont keep having babies, or at least less often! My gourami and male platy will stay in the 20g and ill get them some tank mates!

Thanks for the support and watching the thread!

I wouldn't reccomend a BN pleco in a 20 gallon. They just poop too much.

I've been battling all of the pleco poop. Trust me it is a lot if waste for a 20 gallon. It seems as if the two platys I have produce a ton of waste too

Back
Top Bottom