20Long planted build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah it does. I have a chance at work for a 75g tank and light for 100 bucks. Should I take it?

Yes! Lucky little lizard!

I miss having lizards. Reptiles were one of my first favorite pets. When I have room I'm getting back into lizards and my boyfriend and I plan on a big land tortoise once we have a house and a yard. He won't let me have a snake, though. Always wanted one.

In fact... I might set up my hex tank for green anoles for the time being. I don't want to make a reef tank until I can move because moving a new reef would be a pain, and I can always make a new setup when I'm ready to reseal it and make it a reef. All I would need is a lamp and a screen top really. And I can either buy anoles at petsmart or maybe catch one outside, although I haven't seen many around lately. I kept them when I was a kid.

Yes! Lucky little lizard!

I miss having lizards. Reptiles were one of my first favorite pets. When I have room I'm getting back into lizards and my boyfriend and I plan on a big land tortoise once we have a house and a yard. He won't let me have a snake, though. Always wanted one.

In fact... I might set up my hex tank for green anoles for the time being. I don't want to make a reef tank until I can move because moving a new reef would be a pain, and I can always make a new setup when I'm ready to reseal it and make it a reef. All I would need is a lamp and a screen top really. And I can either buy anoles at petsmart or maybe catch one outside, although I haven't seen many around lately. I kept them when I was a kid.

I wish my wife would let me have a snake. She is a scardy cat! I really want this tank but I don't think the money will be there. It would be perfect too

I wish my wife would let me have a snake. She is a scardy cat! I really want this tank but I don't think the money will be there. It would be perfect too

Same! My boyfriend is terrified of snakes - he survived a bite from a cottonmouth as a kid and that worked its way into a phobia. Last time he was close to a snake (a teacher brought one into his high school science class) he hyperventilated and passed out. He says I can have a snake when I can have it in a separate apartment across town. Which if I ever have a private psych practice I am doing. I've wanted a snake since I was like 6. First my mom said no, then my apartment complex, then my boyfriend.

Same! My boyfriend is terrified of snakes - he survived a bite from a cottonmouth as a kid and that worked its way into a phobia. Last time he was close to a snake (a teacher brought one into his high school science class) he hyperventilated and passed out. He says I can have a snake when I can have it in a separate apartment across town. Which if I ever have a private psych practice I am doing. I've wanted a snake since I was like 6. First my mom said no, then my apartment complex, then my boyfriend.

I was mowing today and a snake decided to get sucked up into the mower..... I was planning on capturing it, as I have an empty 20 gallon reptile tank

Ive been bit by rat snakes. Suprisingly it doesnt hurt in the least bit. My parents had pythons when I was little but the always dissappeared!

Ive been bit by rat snakes. Suprisingly it doesnt hurt in the least bit. My parents had pythons when I was little but the always dissappeared!

Yeah, most snake bites shouldn't hurt but he nearly died. Had his parents been further from a hospital he wouldn't be here today. Cottonmouths/water moccasins are nothing to mess with.

My mom is pretty terrified of snakes but she did well in not transferring her fear to me. She brought me to see the snakes a girl working in a local gas station brought to work with her pretty often and was ok with my love of snakes even if she can't stand them.

Okay y'all, still no updates but I should have some tomorrow! Im gonna get some fishy friends!!! Mainly bottom feeders or snails or such and some shrimps hopefully and a few plants if possible. The GHG is boomin in growth as is the sword. Im probably gonna attempt to move the sword tomorrow to a more suitable location to maybe the left-ish side. Also, im gonna start my DIY co2 tomorrow if I get more plants! I do have a question.

I found a nice piece of tiny pebble like DW at the beach that has so many tiny holes and I kept it! Can I boil this and put in the tank? Its so neat I like it alot

Update-
img_2646065_0_c06cb62d4ec244378b6b68c670fc108e.jpg

Added some java fern that I dont know how to really care for. Im starting the DIY co2 today

I pulled out 2 30" tall Amazon swords from the dirted 220g and several huge crypts and the trick is to work your fingers of one hand under the sword and then with the other hand gather up the leaves and gently pull upwards with a wiggling motion while gently lifting with the hand underneath. The worst is you might have to add a little fresh cap substrate when your done.

I pulled out 2 30" tall Amazon swords from the dirted 220g and several huge crypts and the trick is to work your fingers of one hand under the sword and then with the other hand gather up the leaves and gently pull upwards with a wiggling motion while gently lifting with the hand underneath. The worst is you might have to add a little fresh cap substrate when your done.

Oh yeah im definitely gonna do it as easy as possible without moving too much. Im adding the diy co2 now until I can buy the liquid form

Here is another pic. Im still waiting to get some dw or some nice stones
img_2649319_0_e5a2cf85b633e8ce38ec3efa49eb52ef.jpg
ive been running diy co2 for 3 days now

Update!!! I got some plants and shrimp and a small piece of dw
Full tank shot.
img_2651671_0_06096cb616e7ee1a493ced7f6f00dbf1.jpg

Dw shot.
img_2651671_1_f8886c83fb0c792bd131c760ffd07ac5.jpg

Mystery plant #1 (I.D. Please)
img_2651671_2_e671a68258f01ba0dade915dafb6d38a.jpg

Mystery plant #2 (I.D. please)
img_2651671_3_aefc84532f5f33090e11fc3a99b5d362.jpg

GHOST SHRIMP!!!
img_2651671_4_b654f377d61e0c182ccd22473dde5d26.jpg

Looks like you picked up anacharis is plant #2 and hornwort is plant #3. In pic one are you talking about the java fern in the front of the pic or the anacharis in the back.

Looks like you picked up anacharis is plant #2 and hornwort is plant #3. In pic one are you talking about the java fern in the front of the pic or the anacharis in the back.

No just hornwort and anacharis! Thanks rivercats! How does it look? Any advice on those 2 plants?

I like the DW and the tank is slowly taking shape. Until you get a lot more plants in there it's hard to give an opinion on the scape. Just remember not to put plants with similar overall shape side by side or they just get lost and don't stand out on their own.

Back
Top Bottom