29g stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skifflexie

Aquarium Advice Freak
In the future.... Not until I save up some money and am in the new place and my new tank is established.... But I'm wanting to get a list of fish to stock in my 29g....

In my 15g, which I know is stocked wrong. I don't need to be yelled at. It was my beginner tank, and I listened to the store employee.... But I should of researched better I know..... I currently have :

I dwarf gourami
1 platy ( I think)
1 pleco (I know about the bio load & size)
10 neon tetras
3 tiger barbs (I know about the schools & aggr.)
1swordfish
1 Cory cat ( I know about the schools)
2 mystery snails
1 African dwarf frog (who I haven't seen all week, I hope he is just hiding.... After this one I'm done)

I still don't know what I plan on doing with my pleco.... He does an amazing job with algae, and is fun to watch, I haven't had trouble with my water parameters in a 15g so I would think he would be fine in a 29g.... If/when he out grows my tank, I'll hope to be in a place where I could upgrade my tank, or take him to a local fish store who has huge plecos- like 8-10!

I still haven't decided what I'm doing with my barbs..... I know some people think I should "rehome" them.... But I just haven't decided... I really would like to figure out a way to keep them, maybe start a semi-aggressive community.

I know for sure that i want to get more cats.... I now know they need schools... How many should I get???

Anything else that would be good in a 29g community?

I think of you put the swordtail, platy, Pleco, and 6 cories in the 29gallon that would help a lot. Not sure about the barbs though. I've never owned them before. Your neons and DG should be fine in the 15.

Back
Top Bottom