36 gallon build plus stocking ??s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like most websites say the snowball gets a little big. I really like the pitbull though! Lol now I have 3 good options

Haha gee thanks. I'm gunna go ahead and narrow it down between starlight and pitbull I think. I'm afraid the butterfly might eat my plants even tho he is super cool.

You may want to look into some moonlight LEDs that you can turn on after the lights go out so you can see the pleco better (pitbull or starlight are both awesome ones), otherwise they'll stay true to pleco behavior and you'll rarely see them. It's such a pity they hide so much, 'cuz they really do look impressive when they come out and cruise!

Luananeko said:
You may want to look into some moonlight LEDs that you can turn on after the lights go out so you can see the pleco better (pitbull or starlight are both awesome ones), otherwise they'll stay true to pleco behavior and you'll rarely see them. It's such a pity they hide so much, 'cuz they really do look impressive when they come out and cruise!

I may try that. This is going to sound stupid probably lol. But what if I just put blue plastic or cloth under the light I have to subdue the lighting? Lol

Lol, that would probably work, but seems like a waste of electricity. You'd also have to make sure it doesn't get melted or catch fire from the heat of the lamp... Besides, if you have any live plants you're starving them of their food (light). Having some moonlight LEDs turn on after the main lights turn off makes for a much more natural day/night cycle that encourages the plecos to come out at the appropriate time. I don't have a moonlight yet, but I do have an LED bubble wall that serves as my "night light" to watch my fish with, and they turn off right before I go to bed so they don't keep me awake.

I have had three BNs that came out in the light ALL the time!
They have times where they take cover, but I really see or saw (one died) them all day... I wonder why?
My current albino lays out on a big leaf for hours in the brightest part of my tank. I have multiple caves for her.

She cruises too - in the light!

No :( it always seems to be when I dose ammo, unless that's in my head. But all that's in there is the sand, the fake driftwood, and some plants. It went up a while back and then it was down yesterday when I tested it, and then just now it was up again :(

Ok, two guesses: 1- your gravel (do you still have the package so we can check?); 2- your ammo source (is it pure?).

Yes its pure ace brand ammonia. And the sand is just pfs. But like I said it went down and then came back up

They have times where they take cover, but I really see or saw (one died) them all day... I wonder why?
My current albino lays out on a big leaf for hours in the brightest part of my tank. I have multiple caves for her.

Really? Man, I wish mine did that :) My BN hides in his sunken ship for most the day and only comes out in the morning or evening. He only cruises when the main lights are out, but sometimes I'll see him lounging at the entrance to the ship or rummaging around under the big tree trunk while the lights are on.

CoryFan said:

Oops I didn't see this post lol sorry. Yea I have two regular bn plecos that I see during the day too. Lol

Maybe she likes the bubbles...

I took one with the flash on.

image-1625519461.jpg

image-1085056566.jpg

image-480214256.jpg

Paytertot, there is a starlight on aquabid FYI.

Back
Top Bottom