40 Breeder Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angels in a 40b is o.k., I wouldn't do it with veiltail or superveils but I would with regular fin angels. I wouldn't mix gourami and betta since it's a traditional bad matchup. I honestly can't think of a good medium fish to fill in with, I probably wouldn't add another school of small fish..

jetajockey said:
Angels in a 40b is o.k., I wouldn't do it with veiltail or superveils but I would with regular fin angels. I wouldn't mix gourami and betta since it's a traditional bad matchup. I honestly can't think of a good medium fish to fill in with, I probably wouldn't add another school of small fish..

I honestly am not quite sure what mine is :/ I cant think of anything either. I just want a peaceful colorful fish that will get along with everyone.

Do you breed/sell any?? The only Killis I can find around me are Golden wonders and a lfs a hour and a half away sells Redchin Panchax. If not ill have to check with SM.

Well, when and if you get any let me know. I dont think SM and Hn1 had any listed on their updated Stock list.

These guys will for sure be in there, just want to add something-
1x Angel
6-8x Rummies
6x Panda Cories (Totally forgot them before!!)
1x Betta

Since I had to ditch my GBRs and Apisto/Krib I think it sounds rather empty. What about another school or a gourami(or not because of the betta?) Or a pair of rainbow fish??
I don't think you need to ditch the other cichlids, just avoid another pair. I keep several single cichlids in my 55, which I believe has a smaller footprint than a 40, and it's worked out great.

Many killies I keep aren't great for communities so I would research any specific type before adding any.

siva said:
I don't think you need to ditch the other cichlids, just avoid another pair. I keep several single cichlids in my 55, which I believe has a smaller footprint than a 40, and it's worked out great.

Many killies I keep aren't great for communities so I would research any specific type before adding any.

So do you think I could keep a single of each? 1 GBR, 1 Angel, and 1 Krib?

My LFS gets there kribs from a local breeder and they are VERY nippy, I got one and it went after my angel all the time. Is that normal or are they usually more peacefull.

Guppylover, I see that you want a colorful and peaceful tank, you want kribs or aps, rams and angels. I would rehome the betta and get 1 Angel, 1 Ram or ap and three rainbows, those additions with the tetras and cories it will be a nice mix of levels and colors.

Or instead of the rainbows a few different gourami. One blue one gold and one snakskin maybe.

So do you think I could keep a single of each? 1 GBR, 1 Angel, and 1 Krib?

I currently have 5 cichlids in my 55. I don't have a krib, nor have I ever, so I can't really say how one would do with the mix. I will also say that it's easy for me to try combinations because if anyone doesn't get along they will be seperated right away..since I have other tanks they can go in. My advice would be, for whatever mix you decide on, not to try it if you don't have a back up plan, and also to add the cichlids to the tank at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom