5 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I got the 5 gallon crescent tank that I wanted so much! I got a betta for it and some live plants, it's been cycling for about 3 weeks and its ready, I only have a bamboo and java fern in there, but there will be more, in planning in anacharis, Marimo moss ball,what plants do you guys recommend?
I will ad the betta, one or two nerite snails, and a couple if ghost shrimp, I will be doing water changes of 50% every Wednesday and Sunday, I was also wondering if I could add an African dwarf frog, it has a 16 bulb LED light and a tetra whisper mini heater, what do you guys think? What plants can I add, and about the ADF, if now what other things can I add, maybe an oto later on?
Thanks!
img_2767300_0_ac536000d57c99fd146672a93e22b5cf.jpg

What about and anubia and some java moss? I don't know much about ADFs but the shrimp might get eaten by the betta. That's what happened in my son's shrimp betta combo. I am thinking ask in the general board they might have a better answer about the ADF.

Yea there are different bettas, my other blue one is by itself in a 3 gallon, he eats anything, and my red one is in a community tank

I had one for like 6 years that was in a community tank that never picked at anybody. He never even ate the mollie fry in with him. At least not that I noticed!

Yea mine is exactly like that, hope the new one is like that too, hopefully he'll take a couple of snails and shrimp and a frog

You would probably do best with just the betta and some snails. He would most likely make a snack out of shrimp.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok I won't do the frog, just wondering on it

Ok, so I'll do a couple of snails, and I'll probably give a shot at one shrimp, and if it doesn't work I'll just have the snails and betta
What plants do you guys recommend? I have a bamboo(will probably add another one, really liked it) and a java fern, what is a good foreground plant, something the shrimp could hide in

Bad news guys, my betta has a sort of fungus and his right fin is clamped, I don't know what went wrong! I added some ick guard to see if it helps
I don't know what happened!
img_2768578_0_020b0833cf6a5ac9d7df6a1638a7b974.jpg
img_2768578_1_f724ce555542cdd2f591d9cf5d195150.jpg

That sucks, sorry to hear. How long did you have the betta?

Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately bettas from pet stores are often kept in such poor environments that their immune systems are shot and infection takes over.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are those sticks or bambo canes still alive with green? Where did you get them? Adding live things to the tank will brake down and could cause a problem with water. Adding ick guard would have no effect on fungus which could of magnified a secondary problem.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/ you can even use your browser! :)

I got it from petsmart, I had it for about 2 days and the. This happened, going to wait 2 more weeks to get another one
What do you mean the plants do bad, I thought they did good!
I've had the bamboo and java fern since I got the tank, so like a month, the bamboo isn't rotting because most of it is out of the water, how do plants cause a problem?

Back
Top Bottom