55 Gallon Freshwater Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update on Mollies

Hey, all! My laptop is fubar, so I'm posting this via my Wii, (sry for any typos lol).

My Mollies are bouncing back! Yes, even Mimi! :) I don't know what I did... but it worked! They are now chilling out in my 10g until they make a full recovery. Max and my Neons are giving them some space and everyone is getting along great!

Anyway, posts from me will be slim to none until I get back on a laptop. So, if you post and I don't reply back right away, don't freak out! lol

I hope everyone had a great 4th!!

McLumpy said:
Hey, all! My laptop is fubar, so I'm posting this via my Wii, (sry for any typos lol).

My Mollies are bouncing back! Yes, even Mimi! :) I don't know what I did... but it worked! They are now chilling out in my 10g until they make a full recovery. Max and my Neons are giving them some space and everyone is getting along great!

Anyway, posts from me will be slim to none until I get back on a laptop. So, if you post and I don't reply back right away, don't freak out! lol

I hope everyone had a great 4th!!

Great news!! I'm happy for your fish!!
:)
:)

hi girl....i am so sorry i haven't been in your post for a while. i haven't been on lately...i have been busy too. i am very happy that your mimi and mini mimi bounced back good. ;-)

Yep. Missing fish are not fun... Please check out my three threads: New german blue rams, Common pleco growth, and Dwarf gourami + Gourami = ???

MY clown loach NEVER shows up... is he dead?

When I had the house ornament in my tank, my CL's would hide in there 90% of the time. But now that the ornament is out of that tank, they're always out in the open. If you haven't seen your CL for awhile, I would definitely check every nook and cranny of every ornament in your tank.

I hope you find him!

Oh, and sad update...

Well, guys and gals, Mimi didn't make it. :( I found her deceased on Tuesday morning. I noticed that she went back to being lethargic a few days before her death, so I figured she wasn't going to be around for much longer.

Mini Mimi, on the other hand, is doing extremely well and I plan on moving her back to the 55g tomorrow. I'm sure she'll be happy to get back in the big tank. My Betta might miss her though... they've been swimming around together. lol

Anyway, just wanted to give a quick update for those of you following along.

I just found your thread! I would have never thought to look in whatever category this is.

I'm sorry about Mimi. I don't know the whole story yet; I gotta read up.

I just found your thread! I would have never thought to look in whatever category this is.

I'm sorry about Mimi. I don't know the whole story yet; I gotta read up.

Thanks! She was such a great fish, but it happens. I figured she had a 50/50 shot when she first got sick, then she looked like she was bouncing back, then BOOM, she took a turn for the worse. In a way, I feel like I should have euthanized her when she was really sick, but then she started to recover and I guess it got my hopes up.

I'm just extremely grateful that none of my other fishes got what she and Mini Mimi had... I would have been livid! My fishes are my stress-relievers, eh, aside from reading/posting on AA. :D

McLumpy said:
Well, guys and gals, Mimi didn't make it. :( I found her deceased on Tuesday morning. I noticed that she went back to being lethargic a few days before her death, so I figured she wasn't going to be around for much longer.

Mini Mimi, on the other hand, is doing extremely well and I plan on moving her back to the 55g tomorrow. I'm sure she'll be happy to get back in the big tank. My Betta might miss her though... they've been swimming around together. lol

Anyway, just wanted to give a quick update for those of you following along.

Sorry to hear about Her dead my friend....
At the same time I'm glad that Mini Mimi is going to the big tank again.......

Thanks! I really want to post a pic of my tank so i'm gonna try and you guys can give your opinion on where you think he would hide. :D

Sorry about your fish.

i love your tank! It's beautiful. I am doing a fishless cycle on a brand new 55, and I can't WAIT to put fish in it. They are waiting impatiently in a crowded 10G. which I had to put them into when their 29G broke.

I currently have mollies and guppies and a red tailed shark. I LOVE the shark, but he is really picking on the big silver mollies, which are the biggest fish in my crowded little 10G. Any chance the shark will get better after I move them to the 55? he doesn't bother anybody except the big mollies. He doesn't bother the smallest guppies at all.

i love your tank! It's beautiful. I am doing a fishless cycle on a brand new 55, and I can't WAIT to put fish in it. They are waiting impatiently in a crowded 10G. which I had to put them into when their 29G broke.

I currently have mollies and guppies and a red tailed shark. I LOVE the shark, but he is really picking on the big silver mollies, which are the biggest fish in my crowded little 10G. Any chance the shark will get better after I move them to the 55? he doesn't bother anybody except the big mollies. He doesn't bother the smallest guppies at all.
chances are he'll be fine in the 55,hes probably just being aggressive to them because they are the only threats to his territory

oh thank you. I really like him. He is beautiful. But I wish I could put him on a time out, sometimes!

I was also wondering about ADF. That is how I found your name. I would love to have a couple. Any special considerations? this is down the road, because I am still waiting for my tank to finish cycling.

I am setting up this tank in my preschool room. You can see my thread of all the mistakes I have made (numerous!) if you look up my name. I think my kids would love the frogs.

oh thank you. I really like him. He is beautiful. But I wish I could put him on a time out, sometimes!

I was also wondering about ADF. That is how I found your name. I would love to have a couple. Any special considerations? this is down the road, because I am still waiting for my tank to finish cycling.

I am setting up this tank in my preschool room. You can see my thread of all the mistakes I have made (numerous!) if you look up my name. I think my kids would love the frogs.
ADFs wouldnt do very good in the tank your setting up. if you want some you can set up a 10 for them

Thank you for all the kind words and compliments, guys!

Thanks! I really want to post a pic of my tank so i'm gonna try and you guys can give your opinion on where you think he would hide. :D

Sorry about your fish.

A pic would help. But if you're seriously worried about him, I would definitely do a thorough search immediately. If he's ok, he should dart out of his hiding place. That's what mine do when I start moving stuff around.

chances are he'll be fine in the 55,hes probably just being aggressive to them because they are the only threats to his territory

+1 I've always had my RT Shark in my 55g, but he's very territorial and still chases a few fish, (mainly my Dwarf Gourami). Yet, he shares the log ornament w/ my 2 Clown Loaches. I don't get it. lol

That sounds like a great classroom! I'll need to check out your thread! :D

ADF's would be a great addition to your classroom. But, be warned, some frogs may not adjust to a 55g as well as mine did, so you would be taking a chance. If you're adament about doing it though, definitely give them a little growing time in your 10g.

What I did was I kept my ADF's in my 10g for about 3 months before moving them to my 55g. This gave them plenty of time to grow and build up their leg muscles to help them swim to the top for air. I fed them in the same spot, twice a day, and they got into a solid routine.

When I moved them to my 55g, they adapted extremely well. But I won't lie, I was nervous! lol But now, I have no worries about them at all. They get along fine w/ my fishes, they eat well, and have no trouble getting to the surface for air. They even have a little hideaway where they cuddle together and sleep. :D

If you haven't seen the video that I posted in this thread, you should check it out. My ADF's were having a blast! lol I would also suggest reading the various ADF threads on here for more info relating to feeding, safety, etc. A member on here, named Siva, has some really informative posts too.

Best of luck w/ your cycling! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom