60 gallon cube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A maxi jet wont be near enough flow for a return pump unfortunately. I'm running a mag 9.5 in my 60 cube and its perfect. :)

lfs has black ocellaris on sale for 16$! Normal ocellaris are 10$. All heaters are 10% off so i am gonna get one today :)

Lol what about the QT?

Sucks because i just shut it down after my clown goby died in there. And im leaveing on vacation to see family today and will be getting back on saturday (the last day the of the sale) and wont have enough time to fill and wash to QT. i will try and see if i can do it but not sure yet. Do you think i could get away with 2? Im thinking of black and whites ;). Thing is though i will have to cycle the DT and get everything up and running so they will be in the 10g QT for 4-6 weeks.

Can i cycle without the skimmer? That would make it alot easier.
This is what i need ATM
Skimmer-160$
Return pump- 85$
Powerhead-60$

So another 285$ being spent at the lfs! :)

You can definitely cycle without the skimmer but you'd need flow getting through the rocks. Do you have spare powerheads?

That should be ok but I would maybe go with two smaller ones to ensure you don't have any dead spots.

The longer the better when it comes to quarantining!

As for powerheads, two 750/850s should do the job. If you're going for SPS two 1150s should be perfect as they like higher flow but I think you'd have to factor in your sump return strength.

The longer the better when it comes to quarantining!

As for powerheads, two 750/850s should do the job. If you're going for SPS two 1150s should be perfect as they like higher flow but I think you'd have to factor in your sump return strength.

Could i use the next step downs? 2 840s?

Could i use the next step downs? 2 840s?

It'll give you a turnover rate of x28 so depending on your return pump it might be able to sustain SPS. Most SPS tanks I've seen have a turnover rate of 50+ but placement is a big factor as well.

Well guys i went to the lfs today and they had a 25% sale on everything in the shop, i picked up a piece of rock and am gonna order the return pump,powerheads,skimmer, and some other stuff off amazon. Heres a pic of the piece-

image-535772549.jpg

image-3527038502.jpg

image-3653805457.jpg

Its 50lbs so all i need is 10-20 more lbs.

Well this sucks... I cant get the mag7 because of the size, my sumps return area is only 4.5" wide and the mag7 is 5" wide... Could i go with the mag5? Its only 3.8" wide.

Back
Top Bottom