60 gallon cube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will the BH100ss HOB skimmer work? Its rated for a 60g but thats as big as i can go... I only have 9 inches of space for the skimmer and it is 8"

Went to the lfs and they reccomended a coralife super skimmer, it is for tanks up to 65gs and would fit perfectly in the sump, is this any good?

Only if you don't want good performance.

Fair enough, i am leaning towards reef octopus seems like they are best for the price without getting the crappy stuff right? I might try a HOB fuge on this tank or even have an insump one if i can find a way to fit the skimmer somewhere else so that will give me 9x10 fuge are to work with, trying to find a HOB skimmer so that will be possible.

Think i found a skimmer, would a Coralvue BH100 octopus work? I found it online for 160$. Also the coralife is only 90$ so would that be a good deal?

Alright hope someone else knows of good ones. Looking to try and not spend a fortune on this tank but i know its coming lol. The last tank was around 3,000$ as it was even though i got the tank and some other things for cheap off craigslist. My best lfs is moving stores from 17 miles away to just within 2. They are haveing a 10% sale on all fish and are haveing a big sale on some of their supplys too. Wish i could have the tank up already so i could get in on this 10% off deal lol. Gonna head over there today to see if i can get the mag7 for a cheap price and maybe a skimmer while im there.

Triad Reef Critters?

How did you know? Lol best lfs i have ever been to.
Saw that you were in NC and I knew they were moving to a store location and are running a 10% off fish sale. I am excited for their new store too. I have been going to their current location for a couple years and they are growing faster than anything I've seen around here; shows what good customer service and reasonable prices can do.

Saw that you were in NC and I knew they were moving to a store location and are running a 10% off fish sale. I am excited for their new store too. I have been going to their current location for a couple years and they are growing faster than anything I've seen around here; shows what good customer service and reasonable prices can do.

Yeah they are good, i am happy about the move too. I can go there every day now if i wanted. Back to buisness, i have heard people useing maxi-jets as return pumps, dould i do that?

Can i use a maxi-jet as a return pump? Heard of people doing this or somthing like it...

Looking to save some money here lol.
Ordering the skimmer, reef octopus BH-100.

Back
Top Bottom