60 gallon cube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's the piece that separates the sections of a sump. Either glass or acrylic.

Yup, run a razor through them and remove any old silicone and redo them to whatever will work best for you.

I will do that, its acrylic im pretty sure. Maybe i can fit in an area for a fuge too :). Guys do to a budget cut on the tanks ive gotta go with the coralife super skimmer. Its HOB so that will leave a good 5 inches of fuge :D

I got 40lbs of live sand, and have found a fish i like. Yellowhead jawfish. Are they hard to care for? Also the lfs manager said i should get a Jebao WP-25 powerhead as they are 3 times as good as any koralia. Are they any good?

Jawfish are easy fish and pretty neat too. :) I had a dusky and he was cool but he stayed hidden alot in his hole.

I have some wp-40's and so far they are pretty good. I would say they are a stepup from koralias which I also run. I like th eprice point of the korlia though, half the price of the jebaos.

Jawfish are easy fish and pretty neat too. :) I had a dusky and he was cool but he stayed hidden alot in his hole.

I have some wp-40's and so far they are pretty good. I would say they are a stepup from koralias which I also run. I like th eprice point of the korlia though, half the price of the jebaos.

So which would you say is a better deal? The koralia for half or the upgrade WP-25?

Hmm, if it were me I would probably go with the koralias. i would get 2 550's or the next size up. I currently run a MP10 on my 60g cube and its the perfect flow at about half power. But they are silly expensive lol. I had two 750's running int he cube before I got the mp10 and they worked really well.
Another good thing about the koralia is their customer service, which is awesome. If you have an issue with the wp10 they are a chinese based company and I have no idea how you would get warranty service if you could even. And who really wants to send something back to china and pay the postage and then wait weeks? I had the covers on some of my koralias go and they sent me replacements fedex and I got them about 4 days after i contacted them. Excellent and polite service, cant beat that. lol

Washed the tank out again as it has been collecting dust, went to lowes and got some silicone to re-seal the side that has been worn down.

Im sure you already know this, but gonna throw it out there anyway. Make sure the silicone is just pure silicone, not mold resistant or anything like that.

A mag 5 isn't going to push too much water after head loss. That said, if the sump is acrylic, you can't remove the partitions. If you do, you will have to glue in new ones. You can't use silicone caulk to glue them in. It will not hold long term. Silicone caulk is for glass. Acrylic needs to be bonded together -
How to glue Acrylic - YouTube

A mag 5 isn't going to push too much water after head loss. That said, if the sump is acrylic, you can't remove the partitions. If you do, you will have to glue in new ones. You can't use silicone caulk to glue them in. It will not hold long term. Silicone caulk is for glass. Acrylic needs to be bonded together -
How to glue Acrylic - YouTube

Could i get a small pump? Any that would fit that space?

Back
Top Bottom