A little peak at the lfs I go to

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flower horn must be full grown for its 300 dollar price on it, can't see it getting more than that

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

5 inch clown loaches were 109 bucks btw

Cool! Subbed!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Some pics of the shark tank :)

90 G Reef
55 G Discus
24 G Reef

Attachments

• 1439516411344.jpg
    1439516411344.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 1439516430994.jpg
    1439516430994.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 1439516454409.jpg
    1439516454409.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 1439516468110.jpg
    1439516468110.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 86
Wow! If only I had that in my front room I would never watch TV lol

I'm wondering why an Azul hybrid is more expensive than a regular one, like 300 bucks for a hybrid and 70 less for a regular.

Hybrids are generally a rarity in LFS. Breeders generate hybrids and don't sell them to the public because they don't want the hybrids to contaminate the natural environments. Usually, the only way to get hybrids is through a breeder.

As you may have learned through this forum, hybridization is generally frowned upon, but it is always debated.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Flower horn must be full grown for its 300 dollar price on it, can't see it getting more than that

Have you ever looked at the price for a full-grown male flowerhorn? Specifically king kamf? Those things go for 700 if they possess solid phenotypes.

Hybrids are generally a rarity in LFS. Breeders generate hybrids and don't sell them to the public because they don't want the hybrids to contaminate the natural environments. Usually, the only way to get hybrids is through a breeder.

As you may have learned through this forum, hybridization is generally frowned upon, but it is always debated.

Lfs guy sold me 2 red Devil flower horns for 10 a piece! They were 5 inches, must have been common hybrids.

How often do you have to clean that tank?

One to two times a week. The only thing we really clean on the display is the acrylic. The magnet we use is so strong that it has a warning label on it lol

We just added like 6 longspine urchins to clean the decor.

90 G Reef
55 G Discus
24 G Reef

That's alot of maintenance.must be fun though.

Haha it is. Every once in a whole someone will drop the inner magnet, and will have to jump in the tank to get it out

90 G Reef
55 G Discus
24 G Reef

Haha it is. Every once in a whole someone will drop the inner magnet, and will have to jump in the tank to get it out

90 G Reef
55 G Discus
24 G Reef

That's why I use the mag floats, I don't have to jump in my tank to get one back but it's nice not having to dig my arm in the tank every time it falls off or have to deal with sand getting packed into it. + it usually floats to the edge of the tank so I can just put the magnet on the glass and they automatically reconnect . I don't know if you could get one strong enough for that tank though

Got this specifically for moving things without getting my arm wet.

Attachments

• 1439857702910.jpg
    1439857702910.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 76
Ahhh Yes.... The grandpa grabber.... I need to get one if those. Lol.... Danged age.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol yeah it comes in handy though! Got it from the lfs

Went to one of the most frequently visited ones I go to today, I will post in a bit after I upload to you tube.

Back
Top Bottom