Advice on snails!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought them! estimated delivery 14th - 16th!!! Told hubby I didn't want anything for mother's day!! guess I changed my mind ;-)

If they're tiny you maybe want to grow them out a bit bigger unless the buyer is happy enough with the size. I bought snails before when they were tiny blue ramshorn.

How were they shipped? I am have bags and little vials like test tubes.

If they're tiny you maybe want to grow them out a bit bigger unless the buyer is happy enough with the size. I bought snails before when they were tiny blue ramshorn.

image-2929730166.jpg

See the little dots??

I've never had Wanted type snails.Which ones clean algae off plants and glass and eat or help eradicate neusence snails but don't eat or harm the plants.Thanks

I've never had Wanted type snails.Which ones clean algae off plants and glass and eat or help eradicate neusence snails but don't eat or harm the plants.Thanks

The only type of snail that eats other snails is assassins but I don't think they eat algae :)

Mine came in tubes with a little bit of water then the tube was wrapped in bubble wrap and put in a padded envelope.

Alright thanks. Now I just have to wait for shipping supplies to come in....

ForumRunner_20130516_122201.jpg

ForumRunner_20130516_122120.jpg

I bought 5! one doesn't look alive :-\ and i put all 5 in tank and only see 3! the horned one was small

the one is starting to move! B-) and other 2 way in back of driftwood!! all 5 accounted for! haha

good to know thanks!!!! they like to hide don't they!?!
I'm alil paranoid since I don't have a lid, but so far they aren't going to top

Yea lol there good at hiding. When I got my 3 horne nerites I didnt see them for almost 2 weeks after I put them in the tank lol.

I have mystery snails....I started off with one and then it laid eggs because I guess it mated at the store and now I have hundreds that I need to get rid of lol

this guys finally came out of hiding!! he has piece of shell that's white or missing.. what can I do for it?

ForumRunner_20130519_140051.jpg

this guys finally came out of hiding!! he has piece of shell that's white or missing.. what can I do for it?

Add cuttlebone to your tank it's good for the shell. I bought one nerite and when I brought him home his shell looked terrible! That was 2 years ago and he's doing fine :)

Back
Top Bottom