Advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Google is your friend. We are here to help, but also do some research. If you see a cool fish, take a pic of the name and look it up.

[emoji1360]

I'm not saying don't ask questions, I'm saying if you look stuff up you can ask better questions and we can offer better advice.

I'm still learning new stuff every day. I've had fish tanks off and on for years. But esp the last 10yrs I've expanded my knowledge, joined a club and still keep reading about my fish.

Another interesting 10g option would be 1 or 2 Pea Puffer fish. If you have 2 they need decent filtration and plants so they can have seperate territories.

Very cute. Eat snails.

Ya Ive heard of them. Never seen one live or one for sale. I know nothing about them other than they look cool

You kind of bounce around on your lists. You start going in the right direction. Then you take a wrong turn.

Im not getting into betta argument. But they are typically a solitary fish. Those who get them to get along with other fish are skilled or lucky. A guppy is kind of flashy and moves erratically. Would not be wise.

I apologize. Pick a few fish and research. Research research.

Ask yourself why your building the tank. Is it plants fish or invertebrates you like?

Maybe its all the above. Odds are once your knee deep in it your love will side with one of the three being the most important. Yet its all three that ties the tank together. For me its plants if I had to pick. Love watching all fish and shrimp. But they are secondary all be it important to MY tank.

I have a 10 gallon planted tank. My focus is shrimp, but I've added some tiny fish. I started with a few Red Rili Shrimp (basically a color morph of cherry) and a trio of Endlers livebearers. I now have about 40 to 50 shrimp, a few Endlers babies, 4 ember tetras, and 2 Amano shrimp. A lot of animals, but all are super tiny. Very nice little setup. Lots of activity. Of all my tanks, this is maybe my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom