advice plz!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allaboutfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
1.BETTA- so i just got a betta (it was just beautiful and in horrible conditions had to save it) so it's currently in its gross bowl in my tank acclimating. ok so first off i have other fish in there and wanted to know if it can go with them if not ill go buy a bowl for it later and put it when i transfer my other fish ok so i have a chinese algae eater (baby not aggressive and ill flush it or put it in a container until tomorrow and see if my lfs will take it) and corys (i cant get rid of them but thought since theyre at the bottom it'd be ok.also i have a setup idk if it is good for the betta here's a pic-
Pic0083 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

2.PLANTS- i just bought a plant (idk what it is supposed to be low light) how do i clean and add this to the tank?

allaboutfish said:
1.BETTA- so i just got a betta (it was just beautiful and in horrible conditions had to save it) so it's currently in its gross bowl in my tank acclimating. ok so first off i have other fish in there and wanted to know if it can go with them if not ill go buy a bowl for it later and put it when i transfer my other fish ok so i have a chinese algae eater (baby not aggressive and ill flush it or put it in a container until tomorrow and see if my lfs will take it) and corys (i cant get rid of them but thought since theyre at the bottom it'd be ok.also i have a setup idk if it is good for the betta here's a pic-
Pic0083 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

2.PLANTS- i just bought a plant (idk what it is supposed to be low light) how do i clean and add this to the tank?

I can only help with the Betta.

It should be fine to put it in that tank. Never put a Betta in a bowl. Those don't have heaters, and don't have filters. A Betta has a minimum of five gallons. And they like a temp of about seventy five to eighty.

oh nd will a bubble wand be too much current for a betta? and is an aqua clear 10-20 filter be ok with it? sorry about all the questions!

allaboutfish said:
so the rocks and plastic plant wont hurt it?

People say plastic plants will hurt a Betta, but that's all I have in my Betta tanks. I've never had any problems. Also, the rocks should be fine. I have kinda rough things in my tank. I know it's not ideal for a Betta, but I've never had any problems at all.

allaboutfish said:
oh nd will a bubble wand be too much current for a betta? and is an aqua clear 10-20 filter be ok with it? sorry about all the questions!

Some bettas hate currents. Both of mine swim into the current for fun. I'd say if it seems like the fish is being battered around, change something. But most likely it'll be fine.

ok i plan on changing it to an only betta and adf tank once my 29 gallon is cycled and if i see any fighting or fin ripping ill do what i need to do to fix it

allaboutfish said:
ok i plan on changing it to an only betta and adf tank once my 29 gallon is cycled and if i see any fighting or fin ripping ill do what i need to do to fix it

Sounds good.

ok so i think he's struggling aggainst the bubbler bc he keeps going uner it and it's not going to the top i think ill replace it with an airstne and add my plant

5671014063_3bd041e90d_b.jpg

5671587688_93d328a8df_b.jpg

5671595444_f771f2e842_b.jpg

just a word of advice, a lot of ADFs like company of there own kind,although some are fine on there own.

Back
Top Bottom