Albino Ancistrus Babies from BrianNY!!! (Part 2)(betterpics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I kinda lost track of this thread after page 5! :oops: :D
Anyway, I'm glad to hear that Menagerie and Webmoose' plecs survived the trip to Canada.

My genuine BrianNY albino ancistrus is also doing very well and growing. I've been feeding nuked brocolli stems. I placed a piece of Java fern-covered driftwood in the tank and the plec loves it.

There isn't a spot of algae in this tank! Ancistrus are such neat fish - and very industrious!

QTOFFER said:
I kinda lost track of this thread after page 5! :oops: :D !

I have a habit of making monster threads.. Sorry. :)

I am glad that others are doing well! :)

I was thinking of picking up some java fern for the new pieces of driftwood especially after I read a tread talking about securing it. :)

Mooose

Well it is Friday so here is my update:

The plecos are growing right before my eyes! I am sure of it. They are very active and one hangs on the underside of some of the silk plants chewing. One of them has a tiny piece of his tail missing either squeezed himself in a tight space on the driftwood or got nipped by someone... Acts normal.. It doesn't look bruised or torn just missing. Hopefully he/she will be fine... How long tell they start showing bristles so I can name them!?!? :) For now one of them is crazy Nemo and the other is Pat Lafontaine (New York Islanders).

Saw some of these guys in LFS and they looked white not orange.. poor little fellas.

Over and out.

Mooooooose

Well my plec's look a little less orange this week. If it just them growing up that is super fine with me. I just hope it isn't a health / stress / or any issue with them. They have fresh broch. BrianNY do they loose a bit of their color with age? I don't mind if they turn a little whiter / pinker as long as they are happy and healthy they can turn purple!

Mooooose

7.6ish I am pretty sure it would be hire without driftwood.

1 is chewing on the driftwood and 1 is on broc. :)

I think they are laughing at me..

Moose

I wouldn't worry about the color changes. As long as the pH doesn't fluctuate wildly they'll be just fine. :D

week 5? I think so.... Today they are chasing each other around the tank.... the rams are doing the same to each other :) The plecos have out grown my praecox rainbows now,. hehehe

MOOOse

1 was hanging out on the glass this morning so I measured him/her and they are in the 1.75 to 2 inch range and growing.. :)

Thanks Again BrianNY and Menagerie!

Mooooose

Man, those fish are absolutely great looking and I have never seen anything like them anywhere near here. Man, I wish I lived near you so I could beg you for one but alas, Long Island is nowhere near New Orleans

Back
Top Bottom