Artesia's 60 Gallon Goldfish Tank Redecoration Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Additionally --

I was considering THESE, if continuing to attempt to pull of this Zen theme, to place under the bridge ornament so that it looks as if a "stream" of some kind is running under it:

Marina Decorative Marbles - Blue

pPETS-11296483dt.jpg

Or, perhaps these:

pPETS-5965736_alternate1_t96.jpg

Anyone with any thoughts? I was thinking of creating a pattern so that the stones look as though they're "running" or "channeling" beneath the bridge, meandering up to perhaps the edge of the garden path which winds from the Asian gazebo...

Wow, these ships are really cool!

You've seen them before in this thread, no Loach?

Which one(s) do you like the best? Any ideas?

And where are you going to put those little blue stones
:

Additionally --

I was considering THESE, if continuing to attempt to pull of this Zen theme, to place under the bridge ornament so that it looks as if a "stream" of some kind is running under it:

pPETS-11296483dt.jpg

Or, perhaps these:

pPETS-5965736_alternate1_t96.jpg

Anyone with any thoughts? I was thinking of creating a pattern so that the stones look as though they're "running" or "channeling" beneath the bridge, meandering up to perhaps the edge of the garden path which winds from the Asian gazebo...

The pirate treasure ship is awesome:)

Yeah, for some reason, I am partial to that one too...I don't know what it is...I love the "gold coin" pieces spilling out of the hull...

The thing is, this won't look as "natural" or as "mature" as compared to the all-wooden-looking wreck pieces, like that two and three-piece Galleon...:(

You could make x-mas moss grow on the ship garden, that will really make it look cool!

What ship garden are you referring to?

Right now, I have a "winding garden path" made from cut up piece of Marineland "plant mat" which kind of "snakes" from the Asian gazebo decoration toward the center of the tank...

If I were to use those blue stones I mentioned and showed pics of, this would have nothing to do with the ship/pirate theme -- what I would do is make the stones look as though they're "flowing" like a "stream" from the center of the bridge's middle archway...this would be IF we stayed with the Asian/Zen theme...

Yeah, for some reason, I am partial to that one too...I don't know what it is...I love the "gold coin" pieces spilling out of the hull...

The thing is, this won't look as "natural" or as "mature" as compared to the all-wooden-looking wreck pieces, like that two and three-piece Galleon...:(

True, but I think it will make your tank look "classy"

I refer to the sunken ships garden you posted

I see...

Wow, you're really big on this "X-Mas Moss," huh? :) Do you have any pics of what this moss actually looks like?

Also -- did you see what I was saying regarding those blue stones and making them look like a "stream" coming from beneath the center of the bridge we have in the tank NOW?

The bridge looks like THIS:

Also, Loach -- do you see what I'm saying regarding the "Sunken Gardens Ship" pieces in that it's kind of hard to "make out" that it's a ship at all? It's almost like, when you look at it, the details are "confusing" and simply "vague"...

See what I mean? The other pieces LOOK like ships...:blink:

Additionally --

Or, perhaps these:

I did this exact thing with a red bridge in my 10 gallon planted tank. The stones did a good job looking like a stream going under the bridge.

I did this exact thing with a red bridge in my 10 gallon planted tank. The stones did a good job looking like a stream going under the bridge.

Awesome, J -- I'd love to see that!

Do you have any pictures for inspiration? :thanks:

I'll see if I can find one. :) I have taken my fish room from 12 tanks to 1. Looking through pictures may bring my multiple tank syndrome back! Lol.

I can't find a good one where you can actually see the rocks. :( but here's a picture of the tank. I miss it! Even if it looks like a mess. Lol. I couldn't bring myself to throw plant clippings away knowing they would grow into full sized plants.

img_2424275_0_ebb0fe3802fcd7091b01c7389935669e.jpg

img_2424275_1_5b0b189e95f7629cb490255ef021ef23.jpg

Thanks!

I've seen that bridge in many different tanks (the red "wooden looking" type you have), mainly Betta tanks, and I saw one that was really wicked in which the guy had sand as a substrate and carved like a little narrow line beneath the bridge exposing the bare bottom of the tank so it looked like the bridge was "crossing" something...

At any rate, thanks again for the pics; I would love to have seen what your bridge looked like with the blue stone work!

Do you think my tank would look alright with the NATURAL colored pebble/gravel and the blue ornamental stones over it, coming from beneath the bridge?

Thanks!

I've seen that bridge in many different tanks (the red "wooden looking" type you have), mainly Betta tanks, and I saw one that was really wicked in which the guy had sand as a substrate and carved like a little narrow line beneath the bridge exposing the bare bottom of the tank so it looked like the bridge was "crossing" something...

At any rate, thanks again for the pics; I would love to have seen what your bridge looked like with the blue stone work!

Do you think my tank would look alright with the NATURAL colored pebble/gravel and the blue ornamental stones over it, coming from beneath the bridge?

No problem! I think that would look great! They might actually be visible on natural sand. :)

No problem! I think that would look great! They might actually be visible on natural sand. :)

Thanks...

But I actually don't have sand as a substrate, I have this "polished pebble" kind of gravel:

Do you think the blue decorative stones will work well OVER this, coming from beneath THIS bridge?

pPETS-3761582dt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom