Artesia's 60 Gallon Goldfish Tank Redecoration Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True, those pieces don't really look like ships
But you might buy a skull, or treasure chest and decorate it with this

Attachments

• image-3937609535.jpg
    image-3937609535.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 35
  • image-4078641585.jpg
    image-4078641585.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 31
True, those pieces don't really look like ships
But you might buy a skull, or treasure chest and decorate it with this

Whew, wow! That's really....ummmm...."mossy"!

You know the ship pieces I'm talking about, right? It's THESE:

images
images

images

I would think the moss would make these look even more....well...vague and "buried" without really "knowing" they were ships...

See what I mean? Or do you disagree?

Yea, true with those pieces, the moss would just make it look more distorted
You know, it might be a good idea to buy, I don't know, a log or root thing like mine and grow moss in it

Yea, true with those pieces, the moss would just make it look more distorted
You know, it might be a good idea to buy, I don't know, a log or root thing like mine and grow moss in it

Well, I have the Top Fin tree root like yours, but not the exact one -- it looks like this:

images

And I was thinking of maybe getting a two-piece shipwreck set of some kind and placing, say, the root in the center of the tank with the two ship pieces on either side of it like a root "grew" between the wreck...can you envision that?

Yup, tats it, awesome huh!

I'm not 100 percent sure I like it; sometimes I look at my tank and it looks just...well...kind of "boring"...

Sometimes I wish I had gone with perhaps a black gravel with maybe bits of red in it, or maybe black or dark sand...

But I never got confirmation from anyone on whether or not sand as a substrate was okay to use with goldfish...:hide:

Well, I have the Top Fin tree root like yours, but not the exact one -- it looks like this:

And I was thinking of maybe getting a two-piece shipwreck set of some kind and placing, say, the root in the center of the tank with the two ship pieces on either side of it like a root "grew" between the wreck...can you envision that?

Oh yea, I envision that would look cool with just patches of moss here, and some there

I'm not 100 percent sure I like it; sometimes I look at my tank and it looks just...well...kind of "boring"...

Sometimes I wish I had gone with perhaps a black gravel with maybe bits of red in it, or maybe black or dark sand...

But I never got confirmation from anyone on whether or not sand as a substrate was okay to use with goldfish...:hide:

Hah, I have to be honest, me neither:/
I wanted black gravel with bits of neon green and blue I saw. But that was the cheapest one, and at that time I didn't have a job so, huh :sigh:

Hah, I have to be honest, me neither:/
I wanted black gravel with bits of neon green and blue I saw. But that was the cheapest one, and at that time I didn't have a job so, huh :sigh:

I hear ya, 100 percent...

Then sometimes I think well, black or funky-colored gravel isn't really what you'd see at the bottom of a lake, river or ocean, you know?

But it SURE does make a fish's colors pop...:blink::blink::blink:

Thanks...

But I actually don't have sand as a substrate, I have this "polished pebble" kind of gravel:

javascript:theForm.showEnhanced('3064352');

Do you think the blue decorative stones will work well OVER this, coming from beneath THIS bridge?

Whoops. Sorry! I think it would look great!

I've seen what your getting at done before, IMO you really need a carpet to bring it together.

Back
Top Bottom