Attempt at moss wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it's 11W over a 5g cube. It's just an office desklamp i had around. Figured it would do the trick! Also dosing EI.

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Thanks for light info. I'm about to start a planted 5g and was just going to get a clip on LED. I won't be using CO2, just liquid ferts. Was going to try a betta with some shrimp. Your tank looks very lush and green, well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you for your kind words! Unfortunately I don't know the name of this green lush plant. It's supposedly a small echinodorus, and i've asked multiple times for an ID but no-one knows it seems. It's such a great plant though! Would really recommend it to anyone (if I knew it's name).
No roottabs btw!

Both the betta and the wall are beautiful! I might do a moss wall for my new 10 gallon gertrudae blue eye rainbow species tank. I might also add some shrimp. I'm definitely following!

Aquariums make for a betta world. Wanna discus it?

Both the betta and the wall are beautiful! I might do a moss wall for my new 10 gallon gertrudae blue eye rainbow species tank. I might also add some shrimp. I'm definitely following!

Not to hijack the thread but good to see someone else with gertrudae rainbows. They aren't super uncommon but not a lot of people have them.

29g Community

3g Betta

Yup, I don't have em yet but I'm super excited. I'm getting them around may 20th.

Yup, I don't have em yet but I'm super excited. I'm getting them around may 20th.

You won't be disappointed. It actually spurs an addiction, I started with gertrudae, but now I also have paskai, cf. paskai, ivantsoffi and signatus. I'm always on the hunt for other species and variants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You won't be disappointed. It actually spurs an addiction, I started with gertrudae, but now I also have paskai, cf. paskai, ivantsoffi and signatus. I'm always on the hunt for other species and variants.

In the near future for me lol

29g Community

3g Betta

Oh wow, I never knew there were such beautiful variants of the pseudomugil. I only have pseudomugil furcatus in one of my tanks :D Love the Gertrudae!

Oh wow, I never knew there were such beautiful variants of the pseudomugil. I only have pseudomugil furcatus in one of my tanks :D Love the Gertrudae!

Here is a snapshot from Google of several species of Pseudomugil. I've only had P. furcatas (sadly for a short time) and it was a delightful addition to the tank:
MmkxvF3.png

Wow! The only ones I have even heard of are furcatus, gertrudae, paskai, and ivantsoftti. But we should probably get back to the moss wall. I'll start a new thread in general discussion so we can talk about blue eyes.

And what are the silvery ones with the blue backs and black trimmed fins?

And what are the silvery ones with the blue backs and black trimmed fins?

Looks like Pseudomugil cyanodorsalis

OP - I have left the remnants of the natural moss I had in my tank alone and it is slowly (and inconsistently) spreading again.

Troublemaker!

Still waiting for Wet Spot to get these little gems back in stock:

img_3199619_0_061a0f0a75aaa04431bb3f5087dc6432.png

@Fresh2o, are you planning on growing it, like you did before? ;)

Looks like Pseudomugil cyanodorsalis

OP - I have left the remnants of the natural moss I had in my tank alone and it is slowly (and inconsistently) spreading again.

That's my holy grail fish at the moment, I'm currently in my 3rd bidding war over them on aquabid.

Troublemaker!

Still waiting for Wet Spot to get these little gems back in stock:

img_3199730_0_061a0f0a75aaa04431bb3f5087dc6432.png

I definitely am lol, but I'm glad I ran across this thread. I always planned on having a moss wall or 2, but now I'm thinking each of my blue eye tanks should have 1.

Since this app won't let me upload new pics I had to turn to photobucket so let's hope this works. Another week has gone by. I myself have seen no real progression somehow:

Seems like it worked!

I see the pics and the moss wall looks like it is filling in nicely.
I am letting the natural moss wall grow back. As long as it does not get tangled in the stem plants I will leave it alone. I've switched filters to there is no intake nearby (one problem with the other moss clump).
Is that a type of chain sword in the foreground? I used to have broadleaf chain sword. Grow was slow to manageable but after adding DIY CO2 I eventually had to remove it because runners were appearing EVERYWHERE.

Back
Top Bottom