Attempt at moss wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like stainless steel mesh. I buy the precut pieces from Han Aquatics. He also has bare ledges and caves available. My caves have really filled in nicely, great hiding places for shrimp fry.

Maybe I should do a little trim? I honestly have no idea!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427478283.274166.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427478302.411195.jpg

Sent per three-eyed raven..

@Alex, I'm thinking the same!

Didn't know that, thanks!

My ledge is doing really well, the mats are showing slower growth for some reason.

Maybe they are farther removed from the light?

That's what I would say. Although moss usually isn't too picky about light. It still can make a difference though. Flow also seems to make them a bit happier.

29g Community

3g Betta

Definitely makes sense. The ledge is about the two mats it it partially blocks both light and water flow. The color is good, just slow growing.

Just decided to let it grow a bit more! It's turning into a jungle!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428247494.183005.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428247556.803522.jpg

I hope he does yes! He has never rested on it though, filter flow is pointed in the direction of the moss wall.

Can't remember: do you have shrimp in there? Mine love the moss ledge!

No, no shrimperino's in this tank! Just a Betta! :)

Did some rearranging and moved the moss ledge, brown bits are slowly turning green again!

img_3198597_0_3a11da3420a23fdba4c3b16a80b35bf0.jpg

Great thread, the moss wall is looking great! What light do you have for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom