Beginner to planted tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is plenty of YouTube vid's on how to make it. I just made mine with a measuring jug and it came out fine. As long as your pretty close it shouldn't make to much difference
Gotcha. I ordered it along with the canister filter. Hope it's a good investment [emoji16] my snails are arriving today

Gotcha. I ordered it along with the canister filter. Hope it's a good investment [emoji16] my snails are arriving today

You won't regret it ;) make sure you get a inline diffuser or a reactor aswell for your co2. Diffusers only work with pressurised and reactors work better with DIY or if you don't want micro bubbles in your tank with pressurised ;)

I'm using a micro diffuser with my diy right now. Seems to be working good. It's the systems u can get off ebay or amazon. Using citric acid and baking soda.

I'm using a micro diffuser with my diy right now. Seems to be working good. It's the systems u can get off ebay or amazon. Using citric acid and baking soda.

You can get better spread if you put it under the intake of a hob or canister too :)

Just have the tiny bubble sucked up by the intake prior to reaching the surface?

Yep! Then the impeller smashes them up even more and it should be almost fully dissolved by the time in comes back out. The longer you can keep the bubbles in the tank the better ;) that's why I use a reactor

Drill hole punch it into intake. Use black line and rubber band it

Yea this works too and then you don't need to worry about your diffuser disc's clogging all the time. The discs were only lasting abit 2 weeks for me when I was running DIY. Then you have to soak them in bleach over night to unclog them.

What do u mean exactly? Do away with the diffuser and run the silicone tubing directly into the filter intake?

FYI, moss is looking exceptionally better today. I am noticing some O2 bubbles coming from the anabius. It doesn't look any better really but it's obviously photosynthesizing. Moneywort is certainly growing taller. Some of the lower leafs are stuff duped down, but I think a few more weeks should look good and healthy.

PH was 6.9-7, so my co2 level is Def up from lights out lastnight. Increased the bps this morning before leaving for work.

Yes put line into intake through strainer or drill hole in side of tube. That how us Florida rednecks roll

I would hate to be a snail in that bag right now.
Somehow managed to not lose a single one. One of the angles sucked up one of the smaller ramshorn bc it detached from the tank and slowly sank. He spit him back out and he is sucking on some java moss now.

Those ramshorn were a pain. Guess they have air back in the Shell and wanted to float. I held them to the tank and they are crawling everywhere now. All are right side up and attached now.

I dissolved some frozen brine shrimp on one side of the tank and added the snails at the other lol it worked.

I turned the light on Max. Keeping the co2 pumping. Figured that would be best for a little longer tonight where I added the new plants? Kinds kick start them?

What kind of light? How long has this tank been running? What are you using to check co2 saturation?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom