betta question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vipergirl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What would be good to put with a betta. I have a 5 gallon and I only have a betta in there right now. I am thinking about putting in an african dwarf frog. But I would really like another fish. I like colorful fish but I know maybe that isn't what a betta will get along with.
TIA,
Ash

I wont add a dwarf frog with a betta,they are fin nippers and will attack the betta. You could go with cory cat for the bottom and coupe of white cloud or dinao zebras. But any more then that you stocking going to be full. For the tnks size.

I wouldnt add anything. 5 gallons isnt much to work with, and cories like to be in groups, which you woulndt really be able to have in a 5. you could get a 10 gallon and be fine w/the betta and a group of cories tho...you can get 10 gallon tanks for like, 9 bucks at walmart, or you could look in the local ads and usually find one for like 5 or just free.

The only other fish I would put in there is an oto. I would not put an ADF in the tank with a betta. 5 gals is too small to have more than a betta and an oto IMO.

I don't see why the dwarf frog would be a problem? I've never had one that nipped a fish or was at all aggressive. Plus, they do well in shallow tanks since they need to get to the surface for air.
Honestly, I think it would be fine. I'm curious to know why you guys disagree?

I would think that adding a african dwarf frog would be ok also .... but maybe someone has tried keeping the two together and will chime in ... nice name by the way Vipergirl ;)

Ray

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom