Bettababe's 29 Gallon Biocube Build/Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha. Well, should I risk it on the goby? I really do like it, but don't want to have my corals eaten or something. Any experience anyone?

Oh my god... I just discovered the sexy shrimp. Would this invert work in my tank? Oh god, please say yes!!! They're awesome!!

im going to keep clown gobys there reef safe

Clown gobys are not always reef safe. I just had to remove my black one from my nano since he was picking at my birdsnest coral, it now has a lot of dead white spots. I have also had a yellow clown goby who wouldn't leave my clam alone, would bite chunks out of it whenever it got the chance and also had to be removed.

Oh my god... I just discovered the sexy shrimp. Would this invert work in my tank? Oh god, please say yes!!! They're awesome!!

Yes should work just fine, I have one in my nano currently and she lives on the frogspawn. They like to have company though, two or three would be best. I'm moving mine to my pico and getting a few more once it is set up : )

kms907 said:
Clown gobys are not always reef safe. I just had to remove my black one from my nano since he was picking at my birdsnest coral, it now has a lot of dead white spots. I have also had a yellow clown goby who wouldn't leave my clam alone, would bite chunks out of it whenever it got the chance and also had to be removed.

crud really i was lookin foward to a false perc and 2 clown gobys any other suggestions i realy want a beautiful reef. and bettababe check out cleaner shrimps and cbs( coral banded shrimp)

I heard that CBS could be really nasty though. Or was that another shrimp?

I've also decided I'm not getting liverock, because with my luck, it would most definitely have a mantis shrimp in it. Nasty little things. Cool looking, but nasty.

Too bad I'm one gallon away from the minimum for a scooter blenny. They look really cool. Oh well. I can't have one.

kms907 said:
Yes should work just fine, I have one in my nano currently and she lives on the frogspawn. They like to have company though, two or three would be best. I'm moving mine to my pico and getting a few more once it is set up : )

Yay!!! This made my day.

I just read up on the court jester goby and it sounds like they are similar to the clown goby in the fact that they are known to nip at sps and clams. If you guys aren't planning on keeping any sps you might be fine.

kms907 said:
I just read up on the court jester goby and it sounds like they are similar to the clown goby in the fact that they are known to nip at sps and clams. If you guys aren't planning on keeping any sps you might be fine.

Remind me what sps are? Sorry. I think I was told to stay away from them?... Maybe.

scottayy said:
did anyone mention a refractometer?
a necessity

Oh, yeah. I was going to ask about this and then forgot. Is a refractometer or hydrometer the more accurate one? (See, I know some stuff! ;))

kms907 said:
Oh yes good point scott! Refractometer is what you will want, way more accurate. You can probably find one on ebay for pretty cheap.

Okay. Thanks. I will stay away from SPS. The birdsnest was the only one in my list that was one, right?

With a SW tank, you might he doing a lot of ordering (I read in a thread your mom doesn't allow you), unless your able to find everything local. And clown gobies are usually reef safe. They do better in smaller reefs though. I have currently a plastic hydrometer and I'm constantly retaking tests over and over to get an accurate reading. So yeah refractometers would help so much.

Back
Top Bottom