Betta's fins torn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New

Aquarium Advice FINatic
He doesn't have finrot, i think he tore it on a plant :'( is there somethig i can do to help speed up his recovery?

I have a 2 of these guys, and I found out that plastic plants will continuously do this. They will swiim around, under, through and beside any plant they like, and eventually will cut their fins on it. Just get all silk plants, your betta will love you for it, and plus, when underwater, they look wayyy more realistic

hard things ruin bettas fins inside the tank, like hippy said, silk will work for a bettas delicate fins.

I will say, thougth the fins on crowntials seem to be a bit sturdier imo. I have a crowntail and all the old plants that ripped my delta betta's fins. Not a single problem with his fins. Also, look for stress coat products that have aloe vera in them, this helps fin regrown and reduces stress from this type of stuff. I use api stress coat plus, its mainly a tap declorinator, but it has aloe vera, and a drop or two in the tank won't hurt anybody :)

yea, anything with the healing power of aloe vera in it will fix and repair those fins.. crowntails have geneticly altered fins, so theyre gonnna be more crisp, but veils can get caught in anything, filter tubes, etc.. so, just keep watch, i only kept rocks with my betta, beofre he died at age 5

I hope a three day old thread is okay to add a question to....

How do bettas do with live plants. I have a veil tail one that snagged his on a plastic plant, so I removed the offending plant. It got almost healed, and he caught the same part on a different plant, so they all came out. I am thinking of adding live plants. Will he do better with these?

I hope a three day old thread is okay to add a question to....

How do bettas do with live plants. I have a veil tail one that snagged his on a plastic plant, so I removed the offending plant. It got almost healed, and he caught the same part on a different plant, so they all came out. I am thinking of adding live plants. Will he do better with these?
live plants are great

Back
Top Bottom