Cant Decide.... stocking 220

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hobgob said:
So when it turns around it will have 3 inches in front and behind him...

If you can find one that's huge on YouTube please leave a link but most that I see in smaller tanks don't look crammed.

vanimal said:
If you can find one that's huge on YouTube please leave a link but most that I see in smaller tanks don't look crammed.

You said you did in a 5000 gallon... Maybe the other ones were stunted or not fully grown. Probably people rehome them when they get to big or just let them go. and the jardini will have a hard time as well.

Hobgob said:
You said you did in a 5000 gallon... Maybe the other ones were stunted or not fully grown. Probably people rehome them when they get to big or just let them go. and the jardini will have a hard time as well.

I've seen large ones in 180's and they looked fine.

vanimal said:
I've seen large ones in 180's and they looked fine.

Was the tank deeper then yours like front to back? I just wouldn't want to put a fish in my tank that will potentially only have 3 inches in front of him and behind him when he turns around.

Hobgob said:
Was the tank deeper then yours like front to back? I just wouldn't want to put a fish in my tank that will potentially only have 3 inches in front of him and behind him when he turns around.

Yeah just not as tall.

bigbanker said:
looking and being fine are two separate things....

Well obviously if they look fine and are healthy then they aren't being kept in bad of conditions.

This one is 7 years old, 51 cm, and in a 180 gallon. It looks pretty healthy right? I think it could work and mine has a lot more depth which I think an Arowana would appreciate. As I've noticed they are mid to top level swimmers.

This one is 7 years old, 51 cm, and in a 180 gallon. It looks pretty healthy right? I think it could work and mine has a lot more depth which I think an Arowana would appreciate. As I've noticed they are mid to top level swimmers.
Jardini Arowana - YouTube

He seems to be doing fine. Did you notice the big difference between his tank and the one you are proposing, though?

jetajockey said:
He seems to be doing fine. Did you notice the big difference between his tank and the one you are proposing, though?

No like i said his is 6' x 2' x 2' and mine is 6' x 2' x 30" so just 6 inches taller and only 40 gallons bigger but I think the extra vertical swimming space will benefit an Arowana because they are mid top swimmers.

jetajockey said:

From the video the only way to tell would be if a 220 and 180 were next to each other. Then you could see the height difference.

No like i said his is 6' x 2' x 2' and mine is 6' x 2' x 30" so just 6 inches taller and only 40 gallons bigger but I think the extra vertical swimming space will benefit an Arowana because they are mid top swimmers.

The difference that I was talking about was that Aro in the video has the tank to himself, you are planning a community.

jetajockey said:
The difference that I was talking about was that Aro in the video has the tank to himself, you are planning a community.

Yeah I think it could still work though.

emerald76 said:
Your tank, your fish. But please be responsible.

Ik I'm trying. I know a Jar is a better than a Silver so that was a huge step in the right direction. I think I'm pretty sure on what I want now and this is it.
1 Jar
1 Peacock Bass
1 Pleco
1 Catfish (haven't decided yet)
So that's the Jar and Bass on top and middle level of the tank and pleco and catfish on the bottom. I have good filtration so I don't think this stock is that bad. Any last opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom