Care and Transportation of my Fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AmeliaJennie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok, so I have had my Betta Vulcan now for about three months and recently added two Corydoras to my 10g tank with him. (One an albino and one an emerald.) So, I guess my two main questions are....
1.) Which would be better for my fish; sand or gravel?

2.) I am going to college soon, how do I go about transporting my aquarium?

As of now, I have gravel in my aquarium purchased from Petco, lots of live plats, two pots and a skull. My fish seem to all get along very nicely.

Get a 5 gallon bucket. Drain about 3-4 gallons of water into the bucket. Catch the fish and put them in the bucket. Grab a battery powered air pump if it's going to be a long trip. Make sure to acclimate you fish to the new water when the tank is set up again and add as much water from the bucket as possible.

Get a 5 gallon bucket. Drain about 3-4 gallons of water into the bucket. Catch the fish and put them in the bucket. Grab a battery powered air pump if it's going to be a long trip. Make sure to acclimate you fish to the new water when the tank is set up again and add as much water from the bucket as possible.

It is only about a 40 minute trip.

Sand is more preferable for Cory's, but gravel should be fine as long as it's not sharp.

Back
Top Bottom