Catch your own fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How close are you to the water? Could you run water in so water is constantly changed? You have a cool situation I would love to be in.

My bed is less than 50 feet from a canal that is a 1/2 mile long that dumps right out into the ocean. Also a cool thing about where I live if you go out 10 miles you could be in 1000 feet of water. Most places have to go 500 miles. But the keys are always forgotten. Look on a map on tv or things of that nature and we aren't on there lol

Did a lot of diving there. Glad there are some critters to still be found. The reefs were getting pretty beat up last time I was there.

I would normally go "tang police" on you for the angel in a 29gal. But you do have a novel situation in the fact you can release the fish when he gets larger. Hope you decide to make a career of it!

I have been wanting the career years before this actually 3 years now.

dont let anyone tell you any different bud, you have a good thing going here, and im proud of ya (y) i just wish i could free dive and catch some live fish but im near the gulf of mexico and we dont have reefs :(

Sorry to here it. Actually all the fish were caught in the Gulf of Mexico on lobstering holes that were 3-4 miles out.

Sorry to here it. Actually all the fish were caught in the Gulf of Mexico on lobstering holes that were 3-4 miles out.

well im from south texas about 1hr from south padre island, and we mostly have open water fish and anything in the bay area is still too big for a hobby sized aquarium.

well im from south texas about 1hr from south padre island, and we mostly have open water fish and anything in the bay area is still too big for a hobby sized aquarium.

No crap where bouts big tex? Im going to the island sunday! I live in harlingen!

Nuce job on your setup there lobster! Im following because I feel I can learn from you! And im 23!

No crap where bouts big tex? Im going to the island sunday! I live in harlingen!

Nuce job on your setup there lobster! Im following because I feel I can learn from you! And im 23!

i'm wondering about the same thing too. i was at south padre island last week. the only thing it had was some crabs and some ladyfishes.

Your from TX too?

no, i'm actually from Georgia. i work for Panasonic that has a factory in Los Indios. so every now and then i go to Texas for business trip and try to stop by at South Padre. Last week i was there for the whole week and i was bored to death.

i remember in 2nd grade we filled out a thing about what we wanted to be when we grew up, and i said marine biologist. and to this day i still want to be! the more people we can get interested in marine science fields, the better off our oceans will be. also, im jealous of the baby permit.

also, im from texas too! and i hate the ladyfish...normally just chop them up for bait. love me some texas redfish

no, i'm actually from Georgia. i work for Panasonic that has a factory in Los Indios. so every now and then i go to Texas for business trip and try to stop by at South Padre. Last week i was there for the whole week and i was bored to death.

I was gonna apply there but irs a bit far! I lived on the island for 3 years on the bay and ocean side. The bay side is better. At night I would go catch thousands of shrimp for fun that would range in size from 1/4 inch to 6 inches

i remember in 2nd grade we filled out a thing about what we wanted to be when we grew up, and i said marine biologist. and to this day i still want to be! the more people we can get interested in marine science fields, the better off our oceans will be. also, im jealous of the baby permit.

also, im from texas too! and i hate the ladyfish...normally just chop them up for bait. love me some texas redfish

yup, i chopped them up alright for bait. got some really nasty look fish that i don't know the name of. looks like an angelfish but it's silver with a few black bands running down the body

What part you from? I would always catch lady fish a.k.a. skip jack for the tournaments and the fishers would pay me good for them

yup, i chopped them up alright for bait. got some really nasty look fish that i don't know the name of. looks like an angelfish but it's silver with a few black bands running down the body

Does it have teeth like a human? Is a black drum or something else

Back
Top Bottom