Catch your own fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No crap where bouts big tex? Im going to the island sunday! I live in harlingen!

Nuce job on your setup there lobster! Im following because I feel I can learn from you! And im 23!

im from mcallen and im 22 lol i go to the beach ALOT i have a personal remote recovery business out there so im there almost every weekend and at every get together at the beach. i have jumper cables, fuses, relays, hilift jack, 2 aux fuel tanks unld/dsl, 2 fully stocked 11 drawer tool boxes, tons of straps and chains, recovery ramps, air compressor with 2 tanks etc lol so im known as the big blue rescue truck.

i remember in 2nd grade we filled out a thing about what we wanted to be when we grew up, and i said marine biologist. and to this day i still want to be! the more people we can get interested in marine science fields, the better off our oceans will be. also, im jealous of the baby permit.

also, im from texas too! and i hate the ladyfish...normally just chop them up for bait. love me some texas redfish

ive never caught anything interesting on either side, well interesting enough to take home, mostly bait fish and good eatin' fish lol

Red & black I let go....speckle trout I catch in the bay I use it for bait :lol: or C&R. Now, flounder..now we are talking. Way too south to catch them in numbers but I head further north in the winter time when they are there.

im from mcallen and im 22 lol i go to the beach ALOT i have a personal remote recovery business out there so im there almost every weekend and at every get together at the beach. i have jumper cables, fuses, relays, hilift jack, 2 aux fuel tanks unld/dsl, 2 fully stocked 11 drawer tool boxes, tons of straps and chains, recovery ramps, air compressor with 2 tanks etc lol so im known as the big blue rescue truck.

ive never caught anything interesting on either side, well interesting enough to take home, mostly bait fish and good eatin' fish lol

Man thats cool. Youve prolly helped me before! If youve been doing it for awhile

yup, i chopped them up alright for bait. got some really nasty look fish that i don't know the name of. looks like an angelfish but it's silver with a few black bands running down the body

maybe an atlantic spade?
and im from DFW but have been going to galveston since i was around 5

Glad your following it seems every kid in the keys want to be a marine biologist. Grant it I don't know how half passed kinder garden.

First spade fish second is a mangrove snapper best pan fried. Never ate spade fish tell me how it was I see them all the time spearfishing.

They are great we see hundreds in the bay and when they go to the reef to spawn they can be as big as 27 inches. MONSTER

In the Bahamas they eat them along with flying fish. Don't know how they taste how they cook it but they eat it

Update I have lost my smallest angelfish :( but on the flip side my fish can be fish fed now :)

No didn't even find his body might be my lobster or shrimp got him at night haven't seen him in days even when I feed so I know he is dead.

I have a 29 gallon saltwater tank. I live in the Florida Keys, marathon, and am going to catch my own fish for my tank. I want to have a journal of the livestock I catch. Currently I have 1 banded cleaner shrimp, 1 spotted cleaner shrimp, 3 high hat's, 2 juvenile blue angelfish, 1 juvenile queen angelfish, 1 colon goby, some hermit crabs and a juvenile grey angelfish.

For corals I have one recordia and one radioactive dragon eye.

Follow this thread as I will make periodic updates of my catch.

I wish i could do that! I dont have a SW tank but am hopeing to start one in a year or so! I live in north carolina about 4 hrs from the beach and there are no freakin reefs or tropical fish until you get down to florida where you live! So lucky...

Back
Top Bottom