Cold water plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niki86

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all, I have a tank that is cold water with no hood or lights. It does get direct sunlight for half the day. Are there any plants that would work in my set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not sure but if any maybe anubias may survive. Not sure how much growth you'd get.

An addition of a simple clip on light within the useable kelvin range for planted tanks may really help it.

Cool Water Plants

Hello all, I have a tank that is cold water with no hood or lights. It does get direct sunlight for half the day. Are there any plants that would work in my set up?

Hello Nik...

I've grown Hornwort in 68 degree water. If you keep your house temp at or near this temp, this plant will grow fine in low to moderate light.

B

Thanks for he suggestion.

Could I buy a clip light from Walmart or somewhere in those lines if I pay attention to the kelvins(? Wa that right)

Im in the uk so am unfamiliar with walmart stock but they are bound to have them. Anywhere between 5000k and 10000k

The cold water part is not a problem for most plants. I agree with Sk3lly about getting a clip on light. Walmart does have them for a couple of bucks, just get the biggest daylight spiral cfl bulb that will fit in there.

I agree with Jeta on the cold water not being a problem. Unless the water is cold for a reason such as a goldfish tank.

Goldfish will shred the majority of plants

It is for a goldfish tank, and I'm will to experiment with different plants and see which ones they wont eat....I was thinking about going with pond plants maybe some Lillie's, tall grasses as I don't have a cover

Generally the dark green plants have a better survival rate

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom