Cory question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baldrick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Right now, I have two Peppered Corys and I was wanting to buy a few more. Can I mix and match different types of Cory and have them still hang together?

Thanks.

Ive been told that most cories weill get along together and accept one another. But i would try to get two or more of the same kind and then mix differnt GROUPUS or pairs together. But i have yet to do that

I only have one kind of corys though, (pepperd same as you), and there is always the oddball of the group, he always hides and is off on his own.

So i really think it just depends on the personality of your cories.

Let me know how it goes when you add new ones because I, too, plan on adding a few panda cories along with them. My peppereds seem nice enough but right now they are the only ones in the tank.

I had a skunk cory in with pandas - their faces are nearly identical. They did NOT school together and in fact rarely interacted. I'd stick with one kind.

joannde said:
I had a skunk cory in with pandas - their faces are nearly identical. They did NOT school together and in fact rarely interacted. I'd stick with one kind.

I'd agree. One solution you can go with is bronze and albino cories. Same family, will breed together (but only produce offspring which is either one colour or the other) and more importantly will hang out together.

Back
Top Bottom