Demasoni/Yellow Lab tank for beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well shoot us another pic when you get your new plants! You have a combo of fish that ive wanted for a long time, i like the look a lot!

Of course I will!! You may want to save some money and wait and see how well it works out for me[emoji51] I pray I don't come home one day and find a murder scene in my tank...ugh

IMO you probably wont have every single one but they will probably end up breeding and you'll have more. Thats how i ended up with so many in my last tank. Im currently in zero financial situation to do anything really, just focusing on getting married in June.
When we buy a house in the next couple years im gonna make a fish room with a tank that sits in the middle of the wall and you can see it on both sides of the wall. Gonna have a closet that goes to its side and it will have the whole deal. Probably gonna build the stand and tank, the sump tank and all... probably gonna be a 150-175gal tank and i should stop talking about it cause its a dream i cant even touch right now and it makes me upset bahahaha

That's awesome!!! I've always wanted one in the wall that you can see from both sides...i think those look so cool...kinda seems like it would be difficult to maintain tho...like trying to clean the substrate would be a chore I would have water running down in between the walls...haha..and congrats on ur soon to be marriage!! Hopefully ur wife will be more understanding of ur fish obsession than my husband is...haha...I just sneak around and buy stuff for my tank...I didn't even tell him bout that new canister filter and then I had already gotten my fish delivered to me and he looked in the tank one day last week and was like- Hey!! Where did those come from?! I nonchalantly said...oh ive had most of these fish for awhile now!!! He said - Oh yeah? Well what about that filter...?? and that light?! I said oh I bought those a long time ago!! [emoji51] [emoji41] [emoji23]

Oh sneaky!!! Bahaha... she supports it since our 2 year old loves it. She stopped supporting it when i was breeding the african cichlids and had 6 or 7 tanks around the house hahaha... it was a mess and we downgraded to 2

Yeah my husband hated it bcuz I have always had the cheap HOB filters from Walmart and they don't keep the tank very clean and he keeps threatening me he is gonna give my tank away...haha...but now I have this bad boy canister filter that keeps it clean, which I will take the price of that filter AND the cost of these fish, to my grave!!⚰[emoji88] but yeah he seems to think it ain't as bad now..lol..he still don't like it but he don't mind it as much now...lol

Haha well if he really wanted to figure out the price, he could look it all up, so he probably doesnt care too much haha. Do you have a python syphon? What do you use to dp WCs?

No I do not! I wish I did tho!! I don't think it's possible for me to do a WC any easier than I already am and it is a major pain! Ugh!! Okay, so we just moved to a house in the country a few months ago, so that means no more city water bcuz we have a well...along with the well, I also have to have a water softener [emoji107] the only faucet that doesn't go thru the softener is outside in the yard... so yeah...doing a WC is a chore... I have 2 big buckets and I usually keep one full of water in my garage, if it's really cold out like it is now, then I bring it in the house and leave it next to my tank... sometimes I even heat some in a bowl in my microwave and keep adding hot water to my bucket till it gets close to temp...[emoji19] [emoji20]

Yeah I've seen those before...the link u posted says they even have 75 ft and 100 ft..lmao...but the 100 ft is 100 bucks..ugh...I couldn't use it in the winter time but I probably could in the summer

I like that a lot!

I used to rearrange the tank everytime i did a WC. Started out as fun but then not so much!

How are the fish doing?

That plant is awesome haha!

The fish are doing awesome so far! Just the average chasing each other for a split second if one gets too close to another's space. Nothing to be concerned about...it is still a habit for me to check for dead fish everytime I come home from work...lol...I've heard too many horror stories..lol..
And yeah I don't like changing those rocks around I'm afraid I'm gonna crack my tank...I should have gotten something to put under the rocks before I rearranged them this time, but I didn't...ugh

Try to find the longer ones like these. I just cut out the bottom and smoothed out the edges on the cuts...1485809606326.jpgany will work, these just happen to fit better for my tank with minimal cutting

1485836106807.jpg

This may sound weird...but the only aggression issue I'm having is with one of my yellow tail acei! It is chasing around all the other fish fins flared...even going after the demasoni! I know they are supposed to be really calm but I think I may have one that's a psycho[emoji15]

How many acei do you have? Ive never had an aggressive acei but ive also never had less than 5.

I bet you'll find out... kinda strange... its like the acei are taking a proactive strike!

Back
Top Bottom