Demasoni/Yellow Lab tank for beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I think they are trying to use their size as an advantage, especially during feeding time. They are the bullies when it comes 2 the food!

Surely..bcuz rite now my demasoni are the least aggressive lol.
.even the labs are bullying my demasoni[emoji50]

Yeah I'm just glad I haven't had any of the horror story experiences yet that I keep hearing about..lol...I think with them being so small and having so many, that I may be okay....hopefully[emoji15]

Yea, once they mature and grow a bit and start getting jiggy with each other, im sure things will get a bit crazier

Yeah and then all hell will break loose...lol...and as far as the acei go, I was originally wanting the msuli species bcuz of the cool blue color and I had gotten the purple ones instead...I had thought about getting 2 of the msuli to add while they are all still small but I just don't know if i can bring myself to pay a $40 overnight fee just for 2 fish

1486353131277.jpg
So...I had no choice but to add more rocks due to aggression and territorial issues...so I'm hoping I'm not pushing the weight limit too far...I am pretty sure that I can't safely add anymore rocks now so if I keep having issues I will just have to find different ways to move these around....so far it seems to be helping....fingers crossed...lol

I really think you should get some plastic crates. Seriously haha. I know ive mentioned this before but with more rocks comes more concern.

It wouldnt be too difficult to remove all your rock, slide as much sand to one side, and wedge the crates down into the rest of the sand as far as you can, preferebly to the glass. Then do the same on the other side.
You'll be a lot safer and sleep better if you do, i promise!

I have put some PVC pipe in my tank to make more caves, I was also worried about weight so this was my best bet to make caves without ha being a load of rocks in there.

Look even better now that my cichlids started their digging and filled the pipes in the bottom,looks great though.IMG_0516.jpg

Oh u can hold a lot more rock than that...lol..check mine out...1486869708568.jpg

And osci- a quick update on mine.... they are getting bigger and brighter and meaner...lol...the only one that I'm concerned about is my acei...the 3 males won't leave the one female alone. I have a petco like 45 miles from me...i wonder if they could order me a couple..?1486869731428.jpg

Ya I know I can hold more rock, it's just the matter of finding it, I can't justify buying rock lol

Yeah I know what u mean...I want some of those big oval shaped river rock but cannot find any...I will go to the local rivers when it gets warmer but I don't think I can find any like I have in mind

Heck if you lived near me I could get those in a heartbeat, I live on a farm and there have been rock piles in the woods for YEARS of worn oval rocks, hundreds

I am surrounded by farmland...nothing here but farm ground...but no rocks..lol..u ain't by chance in missouri are ya? Lol

Check the edge of the field if there are woods there IS a rock pile

Back
Top Bottom