Demasoni/Yellow Lab tank for beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol...not many woods around here...just miles and miles of farm land...I can find Indian arrowheads easier than I can find big River rocks...lol..too bad arrowheads would just be giving my demasoni weapons to go with their bad attitude [emoji88] [emoji379] lol

Looky what i found today!!!

This is the first time ive seen Dems in my lfs...

Im also trying my luck with clown loaches. I couldnt find any synos and ive seen many people having luck with clown loaches!
1487016733112.jpg1487016740623.jpg1487016751034.jpg

Right on! I hope u got a bunch of them! I have 13 and they are still so mean to each other! Ugh!

My stock now is:
1) p. Crabro
1) l. Cearuleus
1) m. Estherae
1) OB m. Estherae
1) m. Auratus
2) p. Demasoni
1) clown loach

They had 4 dems at the store but 2 were extremely small and i didnt want to put them in my tank with the bigger fish.

Awesome! I went to petco which is like 45 miles away and they are ordering me a couple yellow tail acei! And I know what you mean a couple of my demsoni were really small and the poor things get bullied so bad by the bigger ones

Acei are great fish. They like to school and swim across the tank. You should get 5+

Right on! I hope u got a bunch of them! I have 13 and they are still so mean to each other! Ugh!

Same here, I'm starting to think mbuna is the African word for "psychopath". I have 6 mixed in a 60 gallon tank and it's like an insanity ward in there. One day calm sedated and peaceful, the next it's fight club. It's a six way tie for biggest punk. I have an LED remote and each time I change the color it's a different hierarchy between them... They are young, must be the fish version of drunk 19 year old, male college students...

That's funny...my kids were watching "Finding Nemo" last nite and I was like how come that tank is all friendly and happy and mine is a battle ground of a bloodsport[emoji23] [emoji23]

Acei are great fish. They like to school and swim across the tank. You should get 5+
Yeah I have 4 now...but I can't add just one so I will have to get atleast 3...I just hope it will be okay bcuz they get the msuli acei at petco, which are blue and mine are purple

Well heres hoping haha... either way theyll be a nice addition to the tank.
I had the dark blue ones you have and i think id rather the msuli cause i could barely see the acei when i had them

Decided with these new fish, its about time to move around the tank... i dread these times as i have a tall tank, and im not tall and my arms do not fit in the opening either... hahaha

Before:
1487094688692.jpg

After:
1487094713874.jpg

Awesome! It looks great! And yeah I know what u mean...I redid mine the other nite and it was like a 3hr job...I decided to split up the gangs a little and have 2 piles of rocks one on each end..lol1487096516051.jpg

I really like how your tank looks! I want to redo mine with new decor and such but what you see in my tank has cost me at least $150-$200 so its hard to justify restarting...

Yeah I figured that...I lucked out...the only thing I paid for in my tank was the plant and the little rock ledge I just bought that gives the tank dimension...all of my rock I got at a local landscaping Co and they hardly charged me anything

Back
Top Bottom