Discus Ideas!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's essential to keep the water clean & stable
A lot of ppl don't believe that Discus are sensitive because they "survive in their tank"
Well they may survive but they might not be healthy
They might not grow to their full potential & might just stay stunted if they aren't well fed or poor water quality

Info just being thrown out there lol

OBEYtheFISH said:
It's essential to keep the water clean & stable
A lot of ppl don't believe that Discus are sensitive because they "survive in their tank"
Well they may survive but they might not be healthy
They might not grow to their full potential & might just stay stunted if they aren't well fed or poor water quality

Info just being thrown out there lol

I know... o_O my trates are fine lol I've had this tank a while and it doesn't seem to conform to any of the usuals. All of my discus are about 5 inches right now.

But let's not hijack any more ;) lol I'm sorry op

paytertot said:
True. Op, what do you plan on feeding them? Do you know yet?

Me?? Well I have quite a range,
Frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp with live bbs, some flake but I've heard they sometimes don't eat tthat, I have freeze dried bloodworms and a shrimp... Is this good??

The freeze dried foods imo aren't that good for them and you should definitely get a good pellet imo like new life spectrum or omega one. Mine eat flake but idk if that's normal haha.

Have a good protein diet consisting of beefheart & bloodworms helps with growth, live foods like black worms (careful where you get them from may carry diseases) live food can help with triggering spawning
& a veggie based flake or NLS can help with coloration

There's this really good site that I found that sells really high protein foods for discus and even has foods for different coloration.
They even have videos to show the improvement which is actually REALLY good lol
I'll try and find it for you and link it :)

pattyfurg said:
There's this really good site that I found that sells really high protein foods for discus and even has foods for different coloration.
They even have videos to show the improvement which is actually REALLY good lol
I'll try and find it for you and link it :)

That would be really cool plz do!!!

Yeah ahha I was shattered when I found out they didn't ship to Australia -.-'

So I started the plunge to discus!!!!!!!! I sold all of the other fish in my tank and got some neon tetras(10)!!!!! I want to get some cardinals and rummynose and corys. For a final stock of...

10 neons
10 cardinals
10 rummynose
12 Cory cats
2 ABNs
7-8 discus

How's this sound??

Fish4bass8 said:
So I started the plunge to discus!!!!!!!! I sold all of the other fish in my tank and got some neon tetras(10)!!!!! I want to get some cardinals and rummynose and corys. For a final stock of...

10 neons
10 cardinals
10 rummynose
12 Cory cats
2 ABNs
7-8 discus

How's this sound??

Forgot to add....
5 black kohli loaches

Try to cut out the neons, cardinals do better in higher temp
maybe 14-16 cardinals?
Or cut them out & 20ish rummynose? They look amazing in large shoals
That seems like a lot of bottom dwellers but that can work
Also your ABN look up blue eye long fin ABN :)

Back
Top Bottom