Discus Ideas!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OBEYtheFISH said:
Try to cut out the neons, cardinals do better in higher temp
maybe 14-16 cardinals?
Or cut them out & 20ish rummynose? They look amazing in large shoals
That seems like a lot of bottom dwellers but that can work
Also your ABN look up blue eye long fin ABN :)

Wow that looks awesome!!!!! Is that what u have? Also I just came back from vacation and my male ABN is nowhere to be seen....

What I rely want to kno is where to buy my discus from......
I was looking at somethingsphyshy and they have the best prices ever!!!!! But when reading the comments I'm holding back from ordering there. I really wasn't looking forward to spending $50+ on 1 fish....... What is a good quality, low pricing online store? My lfs has REALLY crappy quality discus for sale and no assortment whatsoever

I'm sorry I don't have better information, I bought all of my discus from my lfs. Did you ask the user I mentioned where he got his?

Like I said, I got all mine from my lfs. You're just going to have to research to find the best place to buy imo.

paytertot said:
Like I said, I got all mine from my lfs. You're just going to have to research to find the best place to buy imo.

Ok.....I've done a lot of research and somethingsphishy has an alive arival guarante. That is one of the only ones that have that

Never heard of the site but if you're going to use it I suggest only buying one and seeing how that turns out :)
Then if it's all good buy one each day or two so you have that time to quarantine it :)

pattyfurg said:
Never heard of the site but if you're going to use it I suggest only buying one and seeing how that turns out :)
Then if it's all good buy one each day or two so you have that time to quarantine it :)

Ya the only prob with that is that shipping and packaging is a ton of $$$$$....

Hmm maybe try gumtree. Iv seen heaps of discus being sold on there and sometimes they're REALLY nice ^.^

Any comments on my final stock?

75 gallon tank
7-assorted discus
15-assorted cory cats
10-neon tetras
2-albino bristlenose plecos
3-bolivian rams

If u have anything if like to add tell me. Money isn't too much of a prob...

I would get rid of the Plecos and cut the cats by half. Or get rid of the Corys and keep the Plecos. Also, I kind of agree with an earlier post and wouldn't put the dither fish in. if you do decide to put them in wait until the discus are larger and more bold. If you are buying juvie discus (2.5 to 3.5") than I would suggest keeping only them and the Plecos and a few caves for the Plecos. In order for the discus to reach their full potential you will need to make sure they have plenty of food, high in protein. This is also good if you bought 1 to 2 inch bristle nose. Crowding growing fish with limited space and not much to eat will be bad news eventually

Fallout801 said:
I would get rid of the Plecos and cut the cats by half. Or get rid of the Corys and keep the Plecos. Also, I kind of agree with an earlier post and wouldn't put the dither fish in. if you do decide to put them in wait until the discus are larger and more bold. If you are buying juvie discus (2.5 to 3.5") than I would suggest keeping only them and the Plecos and a few caves for the Plecos. In order for the discus to reach their full potential you will need to make sure they have plenty of food, high in protein. This is also good if you bought 1 to 2 inch bristle nose. Crowding growing fish with limited space and not much to eat will be bad news eventually

I was planning on getting the discus and the plecos and wen the discus get 4-5 in then start to put other fish in with them. Would this be an ok plan??

Back
Top Bottom