Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea, they might get along but be prepared to pull one pair. My panduros are straight up mean. Killed five tetras. I had my baenschi in with them cause they were all wild caught and they were qt with one another and after about a week the panduros settled in and decided no more other cichlids. So just a heads up, they are known for being a little nastier

I wouldn't try this in less than a 40 BR. Then again, I haven't tried it so who knows. I hope it works out for you.

Hey guys, been following along to the thread a while just haven't had anything to say...until now!
I was given a pair of these guys and was told that they were "orange flash apisto" Is what they told me correct or do I have I different species?

Attachments

• image-3465467128.jpg
    image-3465467128.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 68
  • image-88894457.jpg
    image-88894457.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 69
That doesn't look like orange flash. Typically orange flash refers to apistogramma cacatuoides. That looks like apistogramma eremnopyge, or apistogramma diamond as some call, but just barely not sure it's even apistogramma

That doesn't look like orange flash. Typically orange flash refers to apistogramma cacatuoides. That looks like apistogramma eremnopyge, or apistogramma diamond as some call, but just barely not sure it's even apistogramma

I was thinking ramerizi, it doesn't really show the true elongated shape of an apisto to me.

Not an expert on apistos at all, heck ive never cared for them. But i think from what i see i agree with TCC

Sorry guys I just looked again and saw how bad those pics were, I thought they were better. Ill take some better ones soon as I can.

Here's some better pics (I hope)

I'm still trying to find any pictures online that look similar.

Attachments

• image-3317005483.jpg
    image-3317005483.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 70
  • image-2149101459.jpg
    image-2149101459.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 73
I stick with apistogramma eremnopyge. And shenanigans not all apistogramma are the same. There is actually quite a bit of variation. Apistogramma are split into complexes and they can vary but species within each complex are usually very similar like panduro and nijsseni

Wow thanks guys! I'm pretty impressed!
One more question though...these fish are less than an inch currently, how long does it usually take to reach full size?

Back
Top Bottom